Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Gearing issues and concerns

Benie
Benie
✭✭✭
Alright, I like this game in a sense, but it seems to just not like me. And that's mainly gear-related things. I rely on gear given to me from quest givers (or found on bodies). Yet most of the time, I'm not upgrading as much as I would like to. I feel like I'm being forced against my will to take on Armorsmithing (and I rather just quest and kill things) due to how rare armor/weapon vendors are in these cities.

Plus when viewing these, they are horribly disorganized. For example, if I wanted to look for gloves. I see a Level 15 piece right over a Level 45 piece of the same name. Why is there no organizing of level and rarity of this, built in? Why?
--Char info updated as of March 23rd, 2016 - PC NA--
Benie - VR1 Argonian Stam DragonKnight (2H Sword/Bow/WW)
Beniee - VR3 Nord Mag Sorcerer (Destruction Staff)

Well-known hotbar button spammer
  • Benie
    Benie
    ✭✭✭
    Bump?

• Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why bump. You posted a rethorical question. This is the players helping players section. All we can say is that it is as it is. Weapons/armor at vendors is reasonable good (make sure to also upgrade them with enchantments). You can also trade a lot with other players. But yip, the gear at the traders are a bit diorganised. Nothing we can do bout it.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Benie
    Benie
    ✭✭✭
    I was hoping someone knew a mod to fix this, or at least felt what I'm feeling. Not just "deal with it". What happened to discussing what we don't like? Why are you guys in a "just give up" mood?

What happened to "let's tell the devs what we want even though they probably won't listen"? Believe me, I was down that road when it came to WoW (before the latest expansion).
    Edited by Benie on August 2, 2015 5:15PM

• Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    It's not that people have given up or don't want change, but the Players Helping Players section is not really designed to be the area of the forums where people discuss what they don't like about the game or what they would like to see changed -- that is best kept to places like General Discussion, PvP Combat & Skills, Crafting, etc.

Players Helping Players is intended to be the place where mainly new or returning players can get their game related questions answered quickly. You might get a bit of discussion if people disagree on how to answer the OP's question, but for the most part if a post doesn't a have a real question, people aren't going to keep responding because it pushes threads that have unanswered questions off the first page. Plus, this is probably one of the least frequented forums by the developers, so if you want them to see your discussion, posting elsewhere is more beneficial.

P.S. I think a lot of players are reluctant to suggest mods as an answer to questions, because currently most of the players who are asking the questions play on console, which doesn't have access to mods. I think most people just kind of assume that the new posters asking questions are console players (unless stated otherwise) and try to give advice that is either generic to all platforms or specific to consoles. If you play on PC, the best place I know of for mods is esoui.com. There is also a whole section of the forums dedicated to mods where you might be able to find the information you are looking for http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/add-ons-and-ui-mods.

Good luck! :)