Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Guild and Player to Player Auctions Question

thunderwell
thunderwell
✭✭✭
Is the auction house system integrated into the guilds for a reason?
I want to be able to sell things without being pushed to use chat (and then going to find interested buyers) or decide if I want a guild I can sell stuff in or do stuff with.
My preference is to list it and forget it until it sells or times out.
NA, PC Megaserver
Zhaani, Female Khajiit, Nightblade, AD (current main)
(Unless otherwise put in my sig, all characters are below level 50)
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    The trading system is integrated into guilds because the developers chose not to implement a traditional auction house into the game, in large part because this type of system has not typically worked well (long term) with games that utilize megaserver technologies. On a megaserver with just one Auction House, most items become so plentiful that they lose all value and you are better off selling to NPC vendors. Alternatively, rare items are typically bought by one player (or a small conglomerate of players), who essentially create artificial monopolies to inflate the prices beyond what most players could afford. This really destroys the in game economy. Guilds traders make these two things far less possible (maybe even impossible) because it is hard for any one player to visit every single shop across the game. It creates competition and lessens the undercutting to vender prices the often happens in other MMOs, because guilds need to actually make money to retain their traders.
    Edited by Allyhoo811 on August 2, 2015 3:40AM
  • thunderwell
    thunderwell
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks.
    That explains why very well.
    I'm not savvy with MMO economics, but you learn something every day.
    NA, PC Megaserver
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks.
    That explains why very well.
    I'm not savvy with MMO economics, but you learn something every day.

The system we have currently could definitely use some improvements (especially with the interface), but I think the developers intentions with it were good. Hopefully, now that consoles have launched, the devs will be able to take some time to improve the systems we already have in place and make them more friendly for Xbox One and PS4 users. Those of us who play on the PC have add-ons, I really feel for the folks who don't have that option :(

• SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Esotradingpost.uk can help
  • thunderwell
    thunderwell
    ✭✭✭
    @SugaComa Is that website applicable for NA players?
    NA, PC Megaserver
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SugaComa Is that website applicable for NA players?

It's open to anyone ... More we get the better it will be, I picked the .UK as it was 99p for the year less than 50cents