The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Help with Templar PvP

CavalierKing
CavalierKing
✭✭
As the title says - I'm looking for help with a Templar PvP build. I'm usually running with large groups, always on the front lines, but sometimes I'm in small groups too (less than 16, usually 6-8). I like to like to be a jack-of-all-trades - tank, heal, and DPS - but mostly heal, then tank. Like I said, I'm always at the front pushing the group forward so I need to be able to take a ton of damage while sending out massive heals so that my group can charge in behind me. However, I sometimes get into compromising situations, so I need a way to escape. And then, because I run in small groups sometimes, I need to be able to help DPS too - it's not so important when running with large groups. So, I'm thinking I'll need 2 different, but mostly similar builds - 1 for large groups with large area heals and tanking and 1 for small groups with small area heals, some tanking and some DPS.

With that, here are my specs:
Race: Imperial
Class: Templar
Primary: One hand and shield
Secondary: Restoration Staff
Armor: Heavy
Skill Lines: 10 Vampire, Former Emperor, 6 Assault, 6 Support
12 or so champion points
Attributes: 24 magicka, 10 health, 7 stamina

My ultimates are going to stay with bat swarm and the templar healing ultimate, but other than that, I'm completely open to any skills/morphs and bar setup.
  • iseko
    iseko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Those were my goals when I made my build.

5heavy armor seducer set. 2LA archmage pieces and necklace also archmage. 2rings cyrodiils light.

First bar: dual wield axes, torugs pact. Gives a bleed effect on people. Unbuffed spell dmg is 1.9k
    Puncturing sweep
    Toppling charge
    Radiant destruction
    Dark flare
    Mistform

Second bar: sword and board pacts set. More stam regen when blocking
    BoL
    Rune focus (more magicka regen and more resist)
    Aurora javelin
    Entropy or proximity det
    Efficient purge

With sword and board bar you can tank an impressive amount while purging and giving out burst heals at the front.

A well timed prox det, dark flare, toppling charge, radiant destruction can get a burst dps as high as 38k (highest ive gotten at least). With practice u can make the charge, detonation and dark flare all hit at the same time.

General stats are: 1.5k magicka regen (without rune focus), around 800 stam regen. 21k health. 30k magicka and 14k stamina.

Hope this can give you some ideas for a build. Always best to customize it to personal preference.
    Options
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People wise up to vampires pretty quick and you will get dawnbroken and camo hunted before long.. just sayin

For you DPS bar perhaps use a destro staff?

Utilise light and heavy attacks to build a strong ultimate and use radiant finish them off.

Light heavy attacks, Entropy, Backlash > Soul Assault/Nova > Radiant

Hopefully they don't have 20k shields and 5 x Nirnhound
    Options