Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What level should I leave Stormhaven?

Lancear
Lancear
Soul Shriven
I'm almost 25
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A map with estimated levels by zone-
    Map-zone-levels.jpg
    Options
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry too much about what level you are when you move on to the next zone - move on when you've done the main quests in the zone (you'll know when you've done them because you'll get a quest telling you to go to Rivenspire), when you've done all the side quests that you feel like doing (for me this would be all of them), when you've grabbed all of the sky shards, when you've completed all of the delves you feel like completing, when you've completed the dolmens you feel like completing, and when you've killed the world bosses you feel like killing.

In other words: as long as you've done the most important stuff (the main Daggerfall questline for the zone), move on when you feel like you're done with the zone. If you want to go around and complete everything before moving on, then go ahead and do it. If you don't want to, then just do the stuff you feel like doing before moving on.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
    Options
  • Azurulia
    Azurulia
    ✭✭✭
    Vigarr wrote: »
    Map-zone-levels.jpg

that is a great map! thanks for the link. :smiley:

Criminal Scum:
    50 Breton Templar Healer: Olivine Azshara | 42 Orc Dragonknight Tank: Olivine Claremont | 50 Kahjiit Safe Cracker: Cracks-The-Safes | 50 Kahjiit Serial Killer: Cereal-The-Killer <Current Bounty: 1,231,318 gold>

"Whoever said crime doesn't pay clearly hasn't met Azu." -@Sloris
    Options
  • VilhelmValhalla4
    VilhelmValhalla4
    ✭✭✭
    How is it that the Rift is a higher level then Eastmarch? That makes no sense, you have to go through a higher level zone to reach one more your speed? Not arguing with the map, just with the logic behind that...
    Options
  • ghostwise
    ghostwise
    ✭✭✭
    If I remember, you take a boat to eastmarch.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is it that the Rift is a higher level then Eastmarch? That makes no sense, you have to go through a higher level zone to reach one more your speed? Not arguing with the map, just with the logic behind that...

The same with Bangkorai and Alik'R Desert.

The Dominion is the only one where the zones are laid out in order.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, if you follow the main Ebonheart Pact questline you'll get to Eastmarch before you get to The Rift. When you complete the main quests in Shadowfen you'll be sent to a boat that takes you to Windhelm.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Options
  • VilhelmValhalla4
    VilhelmValhalla4
    ✭✭✭
    If you complete the fort Viraak quest you can get to the Rift and Eastmarch without tackling any other quests, if you can survive...

I hope one day ZOS adds a boat travel system to connect every-zone, even ones outside your alliance.
    Options
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you complete the fort Viraak quest you can get to the Rift and Eastmarch without tackling any other quests, if you can survive...

I hope one day ZOS adds a boat travel system to connect every-zone, even ones outside your alliance.
    Heck, you can go there without even completing the Fort Viraak quest, but that's not really the point. I mean if you choose to go to the zones out of order of course you'll end up in a zone that's higher level than you... With enough sneaking and running away I could take a level 3 character to Riften on foot. If you follow the quests (which lead you to the zones in the order you're intended to do them in) then you'll end up in the zones that are the appropriate level for you. There's also not a lot of point in having a boat travel system connecting all of the zones considering you can just use wayshrines.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Options
  • FilthyMudcrabs
    FilthyMudcrabs
    ✭✭✭
    Whenever you want.
    Saw a mudcrab the other day. Dreadful creatures.
    Options
  • VilhelmValhalla4
    VilhelmValhalla4
    ✭✭✭
    Immersion wise, boats would be better, and to me not everything is about levels, I just like to explore the cities, roleplaying. Boats wouldn't be the main method of traveling though, they'd just be for getting to cities in zones you haven't been to yet.
    Edited by VilhelmValhalla4 on August 1, 2015 10:46PM
    Options
  • Mighty_oakk
    Mighty_oakk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id make sure you finish the main quest but other then that when quests turn green
    Options
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Azurulia
    Happy to help. It's funny how the map maker labels Cyrodiil as "50+ No Don't Argue"...you know people gave him *** about it opening at lvl 10. :p
    Options
  • Azurulia
    Azurulia
    ✭✭✭
    @Azurulia
    Happy to help. It's funny how the map maker labels Cyrodiil as "50+ No Don't Argue"...you know people gave him *** about it opening at lvl 10. :p

It wouldn't surprise me. XD

I would stick to BWB with all my lowbie alts, but considering you cannot have different factions in the campaign I am forced to move them about elsewhere.

Damn spys! This is why we can't have nice things!
    Criminal Scum:
    50 Breton Templar Healer: Olivine Azshara | 42 Orc Dragonknight Tank: Olivine Claremont | 50 Kahjiit Safe Cracker: Cracks-The-Safes | 50 Kahjiit Serial Killer: Cereal-The-Killer <Current Bounty: 1,231,318 gold>

Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azurulia wrote: »
    Map-zone-levels.jpg

It's actually a little wonkey. Rift is 38-44, IIRC. But, still, same basic idea. I'd suggest moving from zone to zone as you finish the main quest there, unless you've been skipping all the side content, that should keep you roughly in line with where you should be in the next zone, or at least show you what level you "should" be for what you're doing.
    Options
  • Azurulia
    Azurulia
    ✭✭✭
    Map-zone-levels.jpg

It's actually a little wonkey. Rift is 38-44, IIRC. But, still, same basic idea. I'd suggest moving from zone to zone as you finish the main quest there, unless you've been skipping all the side content, that should keep you roughly in line with where you should be in the next zone, or at least show you what level you "should" be for what you're doing.

I'm still learning the map. And with characters in each faction, it's handy to get a rough idea of who goes where and when'ish.

Criminal Scum:

Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Map-zone-levels.jpg

I'm still learning the map. And with characters in each faction, it's handy to get a rough idea of who goes where and when'ish.

Yeah. I wasn't saying, "noo, don't look at that map, it will consume your spleen!" Just, "those numbers aren't quite right. Close, but don't get caught thinking, 'well I can't advance because I haven't hit the level this map is saying,' or 'no, I need to get out of this zone right now! I'm too high level for it.'"

It also says Skingrad is actually in Cyrodiil... which, if it is, I've never found it.

And you can just ignore the "no, don't argue" line on Cyrodiil. You can start doing that from level 10 up. You'll have your teeth kicked in at 10, but by your mid 20s you could potentially be doing pretty well there, depending on the campaign.
    Options
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    any time you like, if you find a place too high to manage you can come back later
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

Options