Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Auto Target ON/OFF

DarkRaven574
DarkRaven574
Soul Shriven
I'm a new player to this amazing game (PC) but I'm finding it difficult targeting the enemy and using movement. I have an integrated touchpad (mouse) and I've tried using they keyboard for moving left, right, fw and back, plus the W for forward, A for left, S for backward and D for turning right. Is there a suitable add-on to make this easier for me please?
Thanks!
Guild: None joined yet.
Platform: PC
New player: 19 July 2015
DarkRavenFeather, elf.
No, I don't want to be bitten for 30K - it's a scam! LOL!

Best Answer

• AzothOTGB
    AzothOTGB
    ✭✭
    There is no auto targeting in this game, only a targeting indicator via TAB targeting (using the tab key - double check your key bindings), and even that is only a visual helper not a mechanism that will allow you to get your damage to them automatically like in games like World of Warcraft.

I would highly suggest getting a mouse if you only have the touch pad on your laptop, it's the easiest solution and will make your gaming experience much smoother.

I think you will find it difficult to play competitively with any other configuration(think PvE Trials and Vet Dungeons, and PvP).

Maybe look into a controller once the controller support is released with the new patch.
    Azoth of the Great Beyond | V14 | Ebonheart Pact | PC / NA
    Guild Leader of The Dragon's Heart
    Formerly of CM500 & Pride
    Wabba 1.0 Certified
    Answer ✓
  • DarkRaven574
    DarkRaven574
    Soul Shriven
    That's interesting AzothOTGB. I've got a wired mouse ready to use. What sort of controller/controller support do you mean?
    I will look into the key-bindings and see if the TAB key works for indicating a target.
    Thanks!
    DarkRavenFeather, elf.
  • AzothOTGB
    AzothOTGB
    ✭✭
    The mouse will help a lot. I imagine when the controller support comes out, the standard will be for Microsoft xBox controllers, Although that is just an assumption.

I use a Razer Naga for more intense gameplay and an xbox controller (using Xpadder to map the keys and make it work, since currently there is no controller support).

I'm hoping that the controller support with the new patch will just allow us to use the XB1 key mapping for the Microsoft Xbox controllers.
    Wabba 1.0 Certified
  • DarkRaven574
    DarkRaven574
    Soul Shriven
    I use a PC format not an XBox controller. Is a Razer Naga used for the XBox?? It sounds like a very expensive mouse (I don't use a wireless mouse; prefer a wired one).
    DarkRavenFeather, elf.
  • AzothOTGB
    AzothOTGB
    ✭✭
    I use a PC also.

They have a Microsoft Xbox controller for use on PC. Many PC games come out with support for it. I imagine ESO will add the support at a later date.

The Razer Naga is a PC only peripheral. It is a mouse with a lot of buttons, there are different models with different numbers of buttons for people with different play styles.
    Wabba 1.0 Certified
  • Zolron
    Zolron
    ✭✭✭
    AzothOTGB wrote: »
    The mouse will help a lot. I imagine when the controller support comes out, the standard will be for Microsoft xBox controllers, Although that is just an assumption.

I use a Razer Naga for more intense gameplay and an xbox controller (using Xpadder to map the keys and make it work, since currently there is no controller support).

I'm hoping that the controller support with the new patch will just allow us to use the XB1 key mapping for the Microsoft Xbox controllers.

Just curious as maybe I missed it, but this is not the first time i've read that controller support is coming with the next patch?? Only thing I have read and seen on ESO live is that it is still in the works but NOWHERE have I read that it will be included in the next patch.
    Could anyone plz provide a link which states this...otherwise I will assume it is coming SOON, just like the talk of Imperial City was coming soon around this time LAST year :(
  • Olivierko
    Olivierko
    ✭✭✭
    Hah, touchpad you say.

Makes me wonder if there's anyone out there using a steering wheel for ESO.
    Addons:PointificatorRaidificator

1. Dar'diov ★ AvA 25 ★ Nightblade
    2. Tig'ger ★ AvA 9 ★ Dragonknight
    3. Ba'bushka ★ AvA 28 ★ Sorcerer
    4. Hails-To-Putin ★ AvA 18 ★ Templar
    5. Ba'boon ★ AvA 13 ★ Sorcerer

6. PC EU ★ Aldmeri DominionYoutube
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if this is the best thread for this but I recently started playing on Xbox (haven't played on PC in a little while). I've noticed that there is an aim assist function built in i.e. if I start to move the controller towards and enemy who is moving, the reticule "snaps" to that enemy. I don't remember this existing when I played on PC. Is this a new feature or am I just crazy and it's been there all along.
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.