Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I Need Provisioning Ingredience From Another Faction Area

Zephyr01
Zephyr01
✭✭
I finally found a decent Provisioning recipe and now I'm in need of Frost Mirium. But according to a couple of searches it can only be found in: Riften, The Reach, Markarth and Riverwood.

Am I able to go out of my Daggerfall Covenant area into another faction's area to get it?

If so; where are; The Reach, Markarth and Riverwood?

• thunderwell
    thunderwell
    ✭✭✭
    All those locations are in (and all over) Skyrim.
    I'm still very new to the game, but...
    Is that much of Skyrim already playable?
    NA, PC Megaserver
    Zhaani, Female Khajiit, Nightblade, AD (current main)
    (Unless otherwise put in my sig, all characters are below level 50)
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zephyr01 wrote: »
    I finally found a decent Provisioning recipe and now I'm in need of Frost Mirium. But according to a couple of searches it can only be found in: Riften, The Reach, Markarth and Riverwood.

Am I able to go out of my Daggerfall Covenant area into another faction's area to get it?

Frost Mirium is not found 'in the wild'. You get it from hirelings and provisioning writs, if you are lucky. Otherwise, you need to buy it from someone else. Same goes for Bervez Juice. GTW, those locations are not in ESO. Check you info source.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Fruitmass
    Fruitmass
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zephyr01 wrote: »

You don't need to go to any other faction to find cooking ingredients. When they overhauled provisioning they made all ingredients findable through out the world.

The only exception to that rule is Frost Mirriam and Bervez Juice. These cannot be found like other ingrediants. They are only obtainable randomly for completing daily cooking writs or in the mail from Provisioning Hirelings. However they are tradable, so you could purchase them from other players.

Also those locations aren't in the game yet. I think you may be looking at a guide to the wrong ES game ;) .
    Edited by Fruitmass on August 1, 2015 3:16AM
    Beware all ye who log on for here there be typos...
  • Zephyr01
    Zephyr01
    ✭✭
    Thank you Fruitmass. Yes, I probably was looking at the wrong game, lol.

I gave up doing the Provisioning Writs weeks ago because the food/drink I was asked to make that I've still (weeks later) not found the recipes for. Seems a ridiculous idea to demand something that's impossible to provide.

Now, if you could eat/drink the food and 'deconstruct' it like Blacksmithing, that would be different because I've since found two of the items I was asked to prepare.

*sigh* looks like it was a waste of bloody time getting my hopes up over that recipe :-( And Yes, I've put points into Hireling but all I've ever been given is crap I don't need; Apples, Pumpkins and Ginger seems like it was a waste of 2 Skill points.
  • Fruitmass
    Fruitmass
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is a work around with the provisioning writs. You don't actually have to be the one to craft the food. You could find somebody who has the recipe and have them to make it for you. Which you can then turn in to complete the quest. That's how I get the writs done with my alts.
    Beware all ye who log on for here there be typos...
  • Zephyr01
    Zephyr01
    ✭✭
    Thanks, but I don't know any other players enough to ask if they're doing Provisioning.

• BaconMagic
    BaconMagic
    ✭✭✭
    Guild traders are usually able to help me with provisioning writs. Either they have the items or recipes but I haven't failed one yet.
  • Zephyr01
    Zephyr01
    ✭✭
    Thanks. I'm about to read up on Guild Traders because I know nothing about them and although I've tried to use them I can't figure out what to do.

Same with Trading in a Group. I've only completed a couple of Trades by sheer luck, lol.