Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are There Skyshard/Lorebook Lockouts? (Answered)

JigenBakudan
JigenBakudan
✭✭
Do I need to be worried about doing a main quest/side quest w.e. kind of quest, not noticing there's a shard/lorebook in that exact location, completing that quest and then not being able to get them later on because I completed that objective already & can't return to that place? Like inside buildings, etc? Or can I do more quests because the shards/lorebooks can be obtained at any time & location even after completing quests where some of them are? Many thanks for help : )
Edited by JigenBakudan on August 1, 2015 1:10AM
  • Artfuldodger
    Artfuldodger
    ✭✭✭
    There is a sky shard in every city you visit, you have to find them. tesoelite.com/eso-skyshards-guide/

Lorebooks are every where, they are placed throughout the whole of Tamriel, You can find them in guild halls, camps and dungeons. I think I am right in saying only the lorebooks discovered outside count towards the guild. They are literally everywhere. Any book you see approach it and select read books. You can go back to places where you have completed a quest and search again.
    Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
    -Johnny Depp
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think there are any skyshards or lorebooks that can only be accessed during a quest.

However, there ARE skyshards that are inside group dungeons and require either a group of players or mad sneaking skills to get.
    smile.gif
  • Bacon
    Bacon
    ✭✭
    You don't need to worry. All skyshards and lorebooks are in locations you can go back to at any time. You will not "miss" any that you can not go back and get at any time
    “I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.” ― Winston S. Churchill
  • JigenBakudan
    JigenBakudan
    ✭✭
    Not too worried about the group dungeons. As long as I can get to any shard and book without quests standing in the way. Thanks guys :)
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not too worried about the group dungeons. As long as I can get to any shard and book without quests standing in the way. Thanks guys :)
    There is at least one skyshard that i know of that requires you to finish a short questline first before you can access it.
    But once that quest is finished, the area stays unlocked so you can go back anythime later and get the shard if you missed it during the quest.
    :smile:
  • Fruitmass
    Fruitmass
    ✭✭✭✭
    The lore books in the "Trials of Eyevea" set. Don't think you can get those without doing the Mages Guild quest line.
    Beware all ye who log on for here there be typos...