Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How effective is Major Breach (reduce spell resistance) in PVE?

jripson161ub17_ESO
I have one open slot on my dps bar where i normally just drop Solar Flares and Radiant Oppression.
Is it worth my time to first hit a boss with Pierce Armor for Major Fracture and Major Breach for 12 secs?
is it a waste of a skill slot, or will i actually see a difference in my DPS ?
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For long boss fights it is worth it, unless someone else (like a NB using Mark) is already using it.
  • Aerathnor
    Aerathnor
    ✭✭
    If your tank is running Pierce Armor then it should already be applied and wouldn't stack with his.
  • chevalierknight
    chevalierknight
    ✭✭✭
    Aerathnor wrote: »
    If your tank is running Pierce Armor then it should already be applied and wouldn't stack with his.

You can all way tell your nb you have it so you dont overlap nb can use it on ads for heals
  • Sandshark95
    Sandshark95
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't bother equipping Sword+Board as a DPS just for a few seconds of a spell resistance and armor enemy debuff. If you're in a group, someone else can probably take care of the debuffs. You're a magicka Templar DPS (I'm assuming, from what you described), so you're not really expected to be the one applying buffs/debuffs in a group scenario; that's a job better suited for a support role.

However, if you run a Destro Staff, you do have the (arguably better) option of using the skill Weakness to Elements (either morph), which applies Major Breech for nearly double the length of Pierce Armor's duration. One of the morphs even refreshes the debuff every time you inflict damage; the other restores magicka. You can use this ability while soloing or in a group (provided no one else is using anything that applies Major Breech) to lower enemies' spell resistance, which helps you as a magicka DPS. The only thing you'd lose out on is the Major Fracture debuff.