The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Sorcerer healing spells.

Davor
Davor
✭✭✭✭✭
How do they work? By that I mean when it says "heals allies within a certain distance" or if you take the passive skill "heals the 2 closet allies" does that include yourself as well? I don't want to put any points into healing if it doesn't heal me as well.

I just want to make sure if these spells are just you healing others or you are healing others as well as yourself.
Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No comments? I think I am missing out since I am not using any healing spells. May someone please help me.

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Nahz
    Nahz
    ✭✭✭
    Are you referring to the healing staff skill tree? If so, yes, those skills do heal you as well. Grand healing allows you to drop a circle on the ground which, as long as you're standing in it, will heal you. Regeneration will grant the healing effect to you and 2 nearby players (even those not in your group). Blessing of protection will heal the caster and any allies (including pets) in the rectangle-shaped area in front of you. Steadfast ward will put a shield on the player near you with the lowest health. That player can be you as long as there is either no one nearby, or you have the lowest health of anyone nearby.
    Nahz - VR16 Sorcerer
    Paragon of Togglemancer Excellence
    Daggerfall Covenant | Trueflame NA PC

#SeeYouInCU
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only sorc heals I can think of are the Clanfear and Dark Exchange. Also, anything Dark Magic skill with the Blood Magic passive. Though, I'm pretty sure I'm forgetting some. Sorc is not the class I'm most familiar with.
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you very much Starkeralm. I am glad I haven't used my points to the "heals ally spells". You also reaffirmed that I should try and cast familiars and get Clanfear and didn't know about Dark Exchange.

Again, thank you very much, next points I get will try and get these now.

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The two best self heals for Sorcerers are the Clanfear (on death he'll heal you for 35% of your total HP), and probably Vigor... which is buried way down in the assault tree. Though, Vigor uses stamina, and I think scales with weapon damage, so that might not be an option.

Blood Magic is iffy. I've gotten it to work with encase spamming in tests, but it's not a great option.

Dark Exchange is very conditional. It works for group combat where you're not under constant fire. But if enemies see you exist, the movement debuff can get really nasty.

To an extent, sorcs are supposed to avoid damage rather than recover from it. Conjured Ward is probably the closest they get to a true click heal.
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HsojVvad wrote: »
    Thank you very much Starkeralm. I am glad I haven't used my points to the "heals ally spells". You also reaffirmed that I should try and cast familiars and get Clanfear and didn't know about Dark Exchange.

Yeah Dark exchange gives health and magicka back but sacrifices stamina for it.
    Surge gives you back health ever time you crit for max 40% of damage you do or if you morph it to Critical Surge than it is 60%.
    Any Dark magic attack that hits the enemy gives back 8% of max health once you have it max out.
    Clanfear gives you a burst heal when you dismiss it and Matriarch twilight can heal your health is low.
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HsojVvad wrote: »

Yeah Dark exchange gives health and magicka back but sacrifices stamina for it.
    Surge gives you back health ever time you crit for max 40% of damage you do or if you morph it to Critical Surge than it is 60%.
    Any Dark magic attack that hits the enemy gives back 8% of max health once you have it max out.
    Clanfear gives you a burst heal when you dismiss it and Matriarch twilight can heal your health is low.

Thank you Darkonflare. I have one question after reading your post. How do you dismiss a Clanfear?

• Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The two best self heals for Sorcerers are the Clanfear (on death he'll heal you for 35% of your total HP), and probably Vigor... which is buried way down in the assault tree. Though, Vigor uses stamina, and I think scales with weapon damage, so that might not be an option.

Blood Magic is iffy. I've gotten it to work with encase spamming in tests, but it's not a great option.

Dark Exchange is very conditional. It works for group combat where you're not under constant fire. But if enemies see you exist, the movement debuff can get really nasty.

To an extent, sorcs are supposed to avoid damage rather than recover from it. Conjured Ward is probably the closest they get to a true click heal.

I missed this one, Thank you very much again. I seem to be under attack from 2, 3 or more enemies and keep dying a lot. I will try this for now, and when ready to Respec I hopefully will be better at playing and will not need this then. :smile: