The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Unviable Armour Sets, Converting Styles of Sets & Colour Purchased Costumes

mistermutiny89
mistermutiny89
✭✭✭✭✭
Okay this one is a little hard to explain in one thread title but it's all to do with that complete c**k block attitude this mmo seems to have.

Firstly let's look at loot able armour sets that are no longer viable... Stygian Set. Gives you extra damage for spells cast in stealth. But is it light armour?? Nope. Just medium. The hardcore eso player is never going to be able to make use of such a set so why make it in the first place? Many other sets face the same problem. The same goes for abilities being nerfed. You nerf them to the point they are completely unviable and then no one uses them again. And so the question again.. Why make them at all?

Secondly unique armour sets specifically Silks of Sun. Where's boots and gloves of sun? Not many of us like wearing curtains; using the staff isn't viable as its best to have a master staff or create a vr14 torugs etc and the hood is hideous. I'd spent 5 hours getting vr2 silks set together.. Realized how hideous it was and just left my Fire Mage in the vault.. He'll be another crafting character now. Such a waste. I'm sure that sounds petty but I want to play and customize as I like. I had a very specific build and set in mind, it's unachieveable due to the endless hurdles of ESO so it goes in the trash.

Thirdly why can't we convert dropped sets at least to imperial? Us Imperial edition players did pay for it.

Finally my final question and solution to some of the above issues; coloring purchased costumes. I'd actually spend the money on some of the costumes if I could color them. Why not add the option? You may actually find yourself selling more of them in the crown store!

If you'd like to see some changes with armour sets both dropped and purchased or perhaps know of other particularly useless armour sets leave a comment!

Guild Leader : Defenders Of Miley
XB1 EU
EP | VR16 Breton NB -mistermutiny
AD | VR16 Dunmer DK - Grigori
AD | VR16 Altmer Sorcerer - Isvoleet
AD | VR16 Imperial DK - Leonidas
AD | VR16 Bosmer NB - Hood
AD | VR16 Breton Templar - Dante
AD | VR16 Redguard Sorcerer - Raiden
AD | VR7 Khajiit Templar - Ike'ilyew
DC | 160 Breton NB - Vergil

"Hmmm... Very convincing.. Does the illusion apply to.. Everywhere? Perhaps this one should have a moment alone in private to double check" - Razum'Dar
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1. Well, spell damage, weapons damage, spell critical, and weapon critical used to coexist in a much closer way. Many builds used to, for example, use spell damage and weapon critical, but don't get a benefit from that any longer.

It's not that the sets were designed poorly per se. It is just that those sets were not designed for a change that occurred after their creation and those sets were never updated.

2. Not all item sets have all possible armor pieces available to use. This can make gearing interesting as we try to figure out what bonuses are efficient to achieve given the set pieces limitation. By the way, there are gloves of the sun, but it is an item dropped from the Hel-Ra trial.

3. Sure, why not.

4. I do think that costumes have a certain charm with their current color schemes, but sure, why not.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Morimizo
    Morimizo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The coloring of costumes would be very welcome, and would mitigate the often ugly combination of various set pieces in late game. Add the coloring of shields and weapons, and customization gets exponentially better.

I've often liked the suggestion to convert an armor or weapon piece to not just Imperial, but ANY style a character has already unlocked.

Options, please.
  • mistermutiny89
    mistermutiny89
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Personofsecrets
    Yeah I should have worded it better for the no longer viable armour sets. I just think that when you are implementing such major changes you must ensure EVERYTHING pertaining to that change follow suit. There's no use doing things by half. Good to hear about gloves of sun. So that leaves: breeches (tick), gloves (tick), sash (tick), necklace (tick) and epaulets (hover over the shoulders like weirdos) holy Molly! That's five!! Yay!! You have made me feel a little better about my fire Mage now. Thank you!!
    XB1 EU

"Hmmm... Very convincing.. Does the illusion apply to.. Everywhere? Perhaps this one should have a moment alone in private to double check" - Razum'Dar
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Personofsecrets
    Yeah I should have worded it better for the no longer viable armour sets. I just think that when you are implementing such major changes you must ensure EVERYTHING pertaining to that change follow suit. There's no use doing things by half. Good to hear about gloves of sun. So that leaves: breeches (tick), gloves (tick), sash (tick), necklace (tick) and epaulets (hover over the shoulders like weirdos) holy Molly! That's five!! Yay!! You have made me feel a little better about my fire Mage now. Thank you!!

This is the main reason why I think the VET system removal will be the biggest disaster in this game history.
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PBpsy wrote: »
    @Personofsecrets

This is the main reason why I think the VET system removal will be the biggest disaster in this game history.

what unintended consequences do you foresee?
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Personofsecrets
    I just think that when you are implementing such major changes you must ensure EVERYTHING pertaining to that change follow suit.

This is why I'm so against the stamina regeneration nerf.

As far as the sun set, at v12, there is,

-Hood
    -Shoulder
    -Robe
    -Pants
    -Sash
    -Gloves
    -Shoes
    -Neck
    -Staff

The only item that isn't present would be a ring. As I said, gearing can be interesting because of this, but I agree with the general frustration that more of these items aren't available until v12+
    Don't tank

• mistermutiny89
    mistermutiny89
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Personofsecrets shoes as well? Awesome! I wear Breton shoes, breeches and gloves when crafting anyway so that's good news. Some may say why bother getting vr2 if it's not going to last long anyway to which I say I've been trying to do vet pledges earlier on for the keys and I'm trying to get my dps up now. It is all for naught anyway as people there are too many wanna be dps people in vet queues and not enough tanks and healers so I'm working on my imperial tank dk now. The fire mag can perhaps be for pvp. :(

@PBpsy yeah I actually don't have much of a problem with the vet system in place. Bloody hard work when you are starting out like myself BY myself and want to try out all these different builds but not knowing whether it meshes with your play style until 200 hours in per character but getting rid of veteran ranks completely will either obliterate the game or give it the new life ESO perhaps needs. It's a gamble.
    XB1 EU