The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cyrodiil is Boring and Largely Empty

Scorpio_Alik'ri
I recently started pvp in Cyrodiil and its really dull. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy taking over and defending keeps but the map is large with a lot of empty landscape in between. Quests are mostly radiant as well. To those who played Oblivion, how does it differ from that Cyrodiil?
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To those who played Oblivion, how does it differ from that Cyrodiil?
    In every way imaginable ... dry.gif

• LEGENDARYYY
    LEGENDARYYY
    ✭✭✭✭
    agree with OP and looking forward to Imperial Citeeeh
    CP capped.

EP - Nord - Eystein Blodsbringar - Tristat DK Tank
    EP - Nord - Eyjolf Blodsbringar - Stamina NB PvPer
    EP - Argonian - Tired-Of-Cats - Magicka Sorc PvPer
    EP - Khajit - Cutepaws - Banker
    EP - Redguard - Jathod Trearan - Stamina DK DD
    EP - Redgaurd - Dhenus Okzhat-Si - Stamina Sorcerer DD (vMSA toon, 569K)
    EP - Altmer - Haqsin - Magicka Sorc DD
    EP - Altmer - Minia Feaine - Templar Healer

+ about 20 deleted alts

GM of Pact Veteran Trade (Craglorn), Traders of the Ebonheart (Mournhold), Pact Veteran Trade II (Mournhold)

All part of the "Akatosh Imperium".

Want competitive Cyrodiil? Support THIS thread.

Me soloing Veteran Elden Hollow and AA: HERE
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recently started pvp in Cyrodiil and its really dull.

If your on the PC, everyone who PvP's is on the Test Server right now.

If your on the consoles, Cyrodiil is a large space with not many players in between places. You have to find the action and it is usually centered around some keep that is under battle. Then you will find everyone.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I enjoy doing the daily quests because it leads to random small scale pvp but they really need to add more stuff to do in Cyrodiil
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    If your on the consoles, Cyrodiil is a large space with not many players in between places. You have to find the action and it is usually centered around some keep that is under battle. Then you will find everyone.
    grammar.cl/english/your-you-are.htm
    rolleyes.gif

• ItsRejectz
    ItsRejectz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's because most players will head to where the action is on the map. Its only going to feel more empty in cyrodiil once imperial city drops
    Xbox EU - GT: o69 Woody 69o

VR16 Sorc: Vlad V Impaler
    VR16 Sorc: Yes it's Woody
    VR16 NB: Prince of Wallachia
    VR16 Templar: Sir Lancelot the Brave
    VR16 DK: I'm Better Than You

• KingKush
    KingKush
    ✭✭✭✭
    Look for the two swords appearing on the map. You'll find he action there. Cyrodil is always packed and full of action on Xbox NA.
    Xbox NA
    GT: Live Like Kure
    King Kush-MagSorc
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Quests are mostly radiant as well.

The quests are not radiant. They are exactly the same every time you do them. Something along the lines of the Creation Kit's story manager / radiant story system would be fantastic, especially with enemy players in the mix.

For example, rather than the questgiver in Cropsford sending me every time to collect the same seeds from Cracked Wood Cave, it would be a lot more interesting if the quest sent me to an objective at the boss chest in a random dungeon in Cyrodiil I haven't visited recently, etc.
  • Scorpio_Alik'ri
    Quests are mostly radiant as well.

The quests are not radiant. They are exactly the same every time you do them. Something along the lines of the Creation Kit's story manager / radiant story system would be fantastic, especially with enemy players in the mix.

For example, rather than the questgiver in Cropsford sending me every time to collect the same seeds from Cracked Wood Cave, it would be a lot more interesting if the quest sent me to an objective at the boss chest in a random dungeon in Cyrodiil I haven't visited recently, etc.

Yes, I meant to say repetitive instead of radiant.
  • Volrion
    Volrion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cant wait for more small scale stuff... I have to say, Zerging gets boring very quickly.
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There use to be deers and the like running around the landscape but it was judged a cause of lag
    Edited by RedTalon on August 1, 2015 6:31AM
  • Scorpio_Alik'ri
    Deer and other animals that aren't hostile would be a nice way to fill the large areas. Also increasing the population of Cyrodiil with smaller towns/villages where you can trade with merchants and craft items.
  • bosmern_ESO
    bosmern_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact that there are cool events that happen in each district in the Imperial city makes me believe that there will soon be cool events that happen out in Cyordiil sometime in the future.
    ~Thallen~
  • Gamertaglemieux
    Gamertaglemieux
    ✭✭✭
    is empty I believe that players are tired of riding a horse for 10 minutes to get one shotted all the time.
    Queen Ayrenn build that wall around Summerset.

Make Shimmerene great again!
  • Master_Fluff
    Master_Fluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    I recently started pvp in Cyrodiil and its really dull.

Wrong. EU Blackwater is filled with players.
    Halcyon Black
  • Scorpio_Alik'ri
    is empty I believe that players are tired of riding a horse for 10 minutes to get one shotted all the time.

Exactly my point. Even with rapid maneuver it takes forever to go somewhere. Its only fun when you're in a large group taking keeps.
  • MCMancub
    MCMancub
    ✭✭✭✭
    The biggest problem with Cyrodill is that there's little small scale PvP because the only real rewards come from zerging. Not only does ZOS need to implement new PvP goals, they need to not take 30+ people to accomplish, and the rewards need to be on par with zerging.

Then you'll have more to do in Cyrodiil with players being more spread out.
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    grammar.cl/english/your-you-are.htm
    rolleyes.gif

your not gonna make friends here with that attitude.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Zavinus
    Zavinus
    ✭✭
    Snip
    Edited by Zavinus on August 2, 2015 6:01AM
    ~Zavinus, Xbox One
  • Sentinel
    Sentinel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zavinus wrote: »
    Why aren't the cities (Cheydinhal, Bruma, Bravil, Leyawiin, Anvil) there?

They are. At least some. Keep in mind, the area of 'Cyrodiil' in this time period is a bit different than in Oblivion's time period. The borders encompass only the triangle, not the areas to the coast (black forest, niben, parts of west weald and the gold coast), so the only Oblivion main cities that are present are Chorrol, Bruma, Cheydinhal and the Imperial City. Bravil and Leyawiin are further south past AD's gates (Bravil is visible but not enter-able). Anvil is out of the map, as is Skingrad.
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The same old castles are really starting to get on my nerves. Dont get me wrong Im PVP rank 26 so Ive enjoyed it. I again love the open world Cyrodil design, wish entire game would have been like that.
    Edited by Sausage on August 2, 2015 5:29AM
  • Messy1
    Messy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the OP. I've posted other times and said that Cyrodil needs more stuff in it. It should be hard to attack keeps and be a use you have to negotiate challenges along the way.