The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

0% Blocking Regen

Anxileel
Anxileel
✭✭✭
I don't want this to be in PVE but in PVP it would be fine.
Give me your thoughts on this.
The Argonians shall rise and the CHEESE will be endless.
  • chevalierknight
    chevalierknight
    ✭✭✭
    Anxileel wrote: »

Why devs said they did the dungens fine with it in less you're saying dev are better players than you
    Edited by chevalierknight on August 1, 2015 7:38AM
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why devs said they did the dungens fine with it in less you're saying dev are better players than you

They should be better,it's their [SNIP] game.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_MaryB on August 1, 2015 7:52AM
  • chevalierknight
    chevalierknight
    ✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »

If you're blocking all the time sorry but you're a bad tank simple ltp problem
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Eveyone knows car designers are the best drivers... :)

• Steel_Brightblade
    Steel_Brightblade
    ✭✭✭✭
    What the deva didn't say its what gear they were using since I'd imagine it was already top end gear that they might not even be able to get due to this change.
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this change, along with the dodge roll nerf, miss the real problem and that is primarily excessive resource regen. Not while blocking, base. The game simply can not every once in a while introduce/buff means to regen resources and at the same means to decrease costs whitout eventually reaching the point where, with softcaps gone, regen outpaces costs. People dodge rolling or blocking indefinitely are inevitable result.
    Ironically, excessive regen means that skills are spammed indefinitely too, so how is one supposed to block or dodge roll selectively and at the same time not to block/roll all the time when skills are coming all the time even in 1v1 is beyond me. Especially considering amount of skills that are insta cast, often with hard CC effect attached.
    Overall I suspect these changes will hit hardest people who do not stack stamina regen/cost reduction, i.e. the wrong group.

EDIT: we might also see a lot of Immovable spam.
    Edited by JamilaRaj on August 1, 2015 3:20PM
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I think if they are going to keep this then there should be no CCs that go through block (including fear).
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Halfwitte
    Halfwitte
    ✭✭✭

This took some serious thought.

• chevalierknight
    chevalierknight
    ✭✭✭
    Halfwitte wrote: »

:] truth hurts
  • Anxileel
    Anxileel
    ✭✭✭

I don't block all the time and frankly I prefer not to block all the time but in tougher situations I need to block more often than I like too and for better movement control in less spacious areas in boss fights.
    The Argonians shall rise and the CHEESE will be endless.
  • Halfwitte
    Halfwitte
    ✭✭✭

Might if it ACTUALLY was the truth. :p

Love how so many people love to call out that every issue with the game is a L2P issue.
    Character Bugged = L2P
    GCD on Templar Charge not fixed = L2P
    Lag in Cyrodiil = L2P
    Load Screen Boss = L2P

See this Zeni I fixed 99% of forum issues with two letters and a number. You can now replace the forum homepage with a giant L2P we are no longer accepting feed back as it is a L2P issue and working as intended thank you for Beta Testing our game.
  • chevalierknight
    chevalierknight
    ✭✭✭

Love how so many people love to call out that every issue with the game is a L2P issue.
    Character Bugged = L2P
    Lag in Cyrodiil = L2P
    Load Screen Boss = L2P

See this Zeni I fixed 99% of forum issues with two letters and a number. You can now replace the forum homepage with a giant L2P we are no longer accepting feed back as it is a L2P issue and working as intended thank you for Beta Testing our game.

Not liking a change that most people are fine with and not like a bug is hardly the same i see most people getting over this soon deltia last vid showed you dont even need to change gear to perma block
    Edited by chevalierknight on August 3, 2015 12:27AM
  • Halfwitte
    Halfwitte
    ✭✭✭

Character Bugged = L2P
    Lag in Cyrodiil = L2P
    Load Screen Boss = L2P

Not liking a change that most people are fine with and not like a bug is hardly the same i see most people getting over this soon deltia last vid showed you dont even need to change gear to perma block

Most people I know aren't fine with the change nor do they like it at all. Changes are still a month away and no one I know is over it.

Zenimax ruining the fun = L2P
    Zenimax nerfed your toon = L2P
    Zenimax listening to PVP whiners = L2P
    Unfounded Changes = L2P
    Can't kill a perma blocker in PVP = No worries we'll fix this for you, because this isn't a L2P issue. <<< Freebie no crowns required you get this with the base patch.

Looks like I am still fixing everything with L2P.

• bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the new mechanics is L2P. cant be lumped into the same categories u listed. S=Check out deltias recent video on tanking in the new update. Basically, stack stamina, reduce block cost, potions. im sorry but perma blocking requires zero skill. this makes the game much more interactive. the answer is L2P in this situation.
  • Colosso-monstro
    Colosso-monstro
    ✭✭✭
    bowmanz607 wrote: »
    the new mechanics is L2P. cant be lumped into the same categories u listed. S=Check out deltias recent video on tanking in the new update. Basically, stack stamina, reduce block cost, potions. im sorry but perma blocking requires zero skill. this makes the game much more interactive. the answer is L2P in this situation.

So basically go screw yourself if you don't want to stamina tank? Wow I can play anyway I want with this game.
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bowmanz607 wrote: »

So basically go screw yourself if you don't want to stamina tank? Wow I can play anyway I want with this game.

First, me poitlnting to deltia is a means to show that tanking can be accomplished in the new meta if you put the time in to work on it.

Two, blocking cost stamina, so yes your going to have to spec more in stamina

Three, there are new sets and one in particular that deltia mentioned gave stamina back.

Four, run with a templar healer sk you can use shards and get a master resto staff which will help in stamina and allow more speccing into magicka. Or there is always a nb option with siphoning attacks.

Lastly, and perhaps most important, this game is play as you want yes. That does not mean you will be the most effective playing the way you want. You can play a Magicka tank but it may not be as good as a stamina tank. Just like I can run a stamina sorc dps with a high elf. That does not mean that will be the most effective. I can play a healer as a redguard dk if I want. Does not mean I will be that eefective. You have to put it on perspective.
  • Huxide
    Huxide
    ✭✭
    not 100% of these are "my thoughts", but it basically says everything i feel (as a tank) and much more

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2098392/#Comment_2098392