The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Style Packs

robwolf666
robwolf666
✭✭✭✭✭
I bought the Barbaric style pack today assuming I'd be able to make things right away. However it turns out you need materials only found in veteran zones, so I've been told, but this was not mentioned in the crown store, so I've wasted 1500 on something I can't use because of a lack of accurate information.

I'm posting this again here because I'd like someone "official" to comment, and advise whether I can get those crowns refunded.

One thing I do know is won't be buying from the crown store again until the item information is more detailed, and I suggest others do the same if in doubt.
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, you can't get them refunded. No, I'm not an "Official" ZOS dev or employee, but you're better off submitting a ticket to see if they'd make an exception.

Additionally, the details on the motifs you purchase are fine. You should have known, way before purchasing, that every style, Argonian, Orc, Breton, etc. requires style material stones. Without them, you can't craft gear in that style. Same is applied to those and should have been obvious.

To clear up some confusion, the style mats are rares, but not from high level zones. They can be purchased from guild traders or while deconstructing gear you receive from quests/delving/exploring, etc.
    Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
  • Elektrakosh
    Elektrakosh
    ✭✭✭
    Those style mats are too rare. Guild shops tend to sell things like copper at a too high a price. Still, I made that mistake myself and will endeavour to level up and browse the guild shops until I'm able to get some myself.
    Argonian Painted-By-Elements -Pure Sorceress- Daggerfall Covenant. V1 I hate recipes!
    Altmer Elekwen aka The Pale Lady -Sorceress- Aldmeri Dominion. Vampire Lvl 8
    EU/UK. Xbox One.
    Gtag: Elektra K Otana.

• lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did the same thing with the Daedric Motif.

You'll have to go shell gold on the Guild Traders if you want to find the items before reaching the appropriate zones. I've only ever had one single Daedra Heart naturally, I had to buy the other 5 I've had.

Don't expect or ask for a refund, as somebody else mentioned it's pretty obvious from early in the game that you need specific style mats for certain styles... in fact they teach you it THREE times in the respective crafting certification missions which are found in the first city of the game........ but that's besides the point.

The Item Description tells you all you need to know - which is the level you need to be to learn the motif. You were the one who assumed you'd be able to craft without materials, that was just you thinking things unwarrantedly and without any supporting evidence - if you understood beforehand how crafting worked you may have saved yourself some trouble.

Next time you buy something I suggest you research what you're buying - and if you buy something for crafting, protip: understand how crafting works first.

Regardless that wasn't exactly a great purchase.... I've already picked up 3 Barbaric Motifs without even looking for them, it's literally the most common "rare style."
    Edited by lagrue on August 3, 2015 9:07AM
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Actually, even if you know how equipment crafting works, meaning you know that you need trait stones, you wouldn't necessarily know that you couldn't find them easily until the Veteran zones.

Yes, you can purchase them from guild traders and sometimes get them from your hirelings or heavy sacks/wet gunny sacks, but how would someone new to the game know this?
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on August 3, 2015 7:54PM
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What server/platform/faction are you. I can sort you out some for free assuming you're xbox/EU/dc.

This is the reason daedra hearts go for so much. People spend crown on motif then have no style material. They'll pay through the nose to use their new toy then
  • Lleksu
    Lleksu
    ✭✭✭
    Would be nice if when you buy the pack it includes, say 10, of the necessary style items though.

Not enough to be silly, but enough to get you started.

Edited by Lleksu on August 4, 2015 2:44PM