The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Help! Clothier Writs too high level suddenly??

Ragged_Claw
Ragged_Claw
✭✭✭✭✭
Can anyone help me, am I being stupid? All of a sudden the clothier writs that I pull off the board are way too high level. I can still do the blacksmithing and woodworker, but the clothier writs are calling for mats that I will not have access to for several levels. I have not had this problem before with any of my other characters, the writs always seem to scale.

Sorry if this question has been answered elsewhere, but searching didn't turn up anything useful.
PC EU & NA
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Writs are tied to the Material Level. So you must have put points into the Materials Passive.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As Nestor said the level of the writs you get is based off the level of the first skill in your respective tree.

So whatever level that skill is will be the teir of materials you need to use currently maxing out with Voidcloth and Shadow Hide at 9/9.

You can reset it to the level you're working at if you do a full skill reset however this will reset all your skills, not just the one you want.

Lastly you can always wait until the next zone where you'll start getting the required materials, if you're feeling adventurous you could go there early and try to ninja harvest materials while avoiding enemies which are too hard for you.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, thank you guys, that makes sense. I was indeed being stupid, I should have realised that! Thanks again.
    PC EU & NA