The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

VR10 and VR15 Potions

Weberda
Weberda
✭✭✭✭✭
I don't have screen shots. I was too busy fighting the crashes in IC last night.

The VR10 tripots add about 14% to the healing numbers over VR5 potions (6800 +/- to 7900 +/- HP for example). The solvent can be found in all the usual spots in Craglorn from what I experienced. They just replaced the Cloud Mist.

The VR15 tripots only added another 400+ to the VR10 numbers. I only found 2 units of the solvent in the IC. I found one each in a couple of backpacks in the home base area. I checked all crates and sacks etc. in other areas (as much as I could) but never found any more.

Today or tomorrow I will make some VR10 versions of the other potions that I use to see what the increases are on them. Note that regen percent is still 20% and the duration is the same as the VR5 potions.

What I'll probably end up doing is using the VR10 potions in my daily play and selling for an outrageous price what few VR15 potions I can make to those who have to have the very best.
Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
Lo Behold, AD Thornblade NA (formerly Haderus, inactive)
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I should also point out that the name for both of the new versions is the same as the VR5 version - Panacea of Health. Probably not a good thing but there are more important things right now that need fixing.
    Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weberda wrote: »
    I should also point out that the name for both of the new versions is the same as the VR5 version - Panacea of Health. Probably not a good thing but there are more important things right now that need fixing.

This is something which they might be able to change with a simple prefix. Hopefully if we do some /feedback they will notice and take a loot at it.

Thanks for the write up though, some good information. +1 insightful.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't have screen shots. I was too busy fighting the crashes in IC last night.

The VR10 tripots add about 14% to the healing numbers over VR5 potions (6800 +/- to 7900 +/- HP for example). The solvent can be found in all the usual spots in Craglorn from what I experienced. They just replaced the Cloud Mist.

The VR15 tripots only added another 400+ to the VR10 numbers. I only found 2 units of the solvent in the IC. I found one each in a couple of backpacks in the home base area. I checked all crates and sacks etc. in other areas (as much as I could) but never found any more.

Today or tomorrow I will make some VR10 versions of the other potions that I use to see what the increases are on them. Note that regen percent is still 20% and the duration is the same as the VR5 potions.

What I'll probably end up doing is using the VR10 potions in my daily play and selling for an outrageous price what few VR15 potions I can make to those who have to have the very best.

Do we need to use skill points to use the new solvents? That is how alchemy handles moving from Clear Water to Cloud Mist.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »

Do we need to use skill points to use the new solvents? That is how alchemy handles moving from Clear Water to Cloud Mist.

Good question. I think so but I have to go back and look tonight (memory not as good as was 40 years ago). All the armor and weapon crafting required an extra skill point. I'll look again at enchanting too.

Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
  • ThisEndsWithUs
    Ourorboros wrote: »

As far as I recall from the patch notes, there was a further skill point required for Alchemy, Enchanting, Blacksmithing, Clothing etc to be able to use the new materials, although I mainly glanced over them as I play PS4.
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I fooled around with some other potions over the weekend. The change is basically the same increment (+14% give or take).

The V15 solvent I found only in backpacks and in the barrels found in the wine or beer racks throughout the city. The drop rate isn't great though. I doubt we'll see V15 potions being sold in full stacks very much.

Heavy bags - You know the ones where we get trait stones and other worthless stuff? I opened one in the IC and got 10 units of unrefined void wood. I've never seen that before so hopefully they made a change to improve the contents.

Fishing is all stagnant water from what I saw so bring tons of night crawlers. The first fish I pulled out was a blue trophy fish. I was only able to get about 20 fish due to the gankers who apparently have it in for anglers. No roe from any of them so I suspect the drop rate wasn't changed even though you're taking great risk to catch the fish.
    Fernwood, EP Haderus NA