The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Shield Stacking or Permablocking.... Which is bigger issue?

Darnathian
Darnathian
✭✭✭✭✭
Why in gods name are they nerfing blocking before they deal with the biggest issue out there right now, sorcshield stacking. this is so incredibly unbalanced it is beyond me. I cannot think for the life of me why a huge change like removing stamina regen while blocking gets made but not the fact that a sorcerer can literally dump everything into one stat and get both the benefits of offense and defense

I use to PVP about four hours a night. Now I can barely stomach a half hour. Can only take so much from scrubs that like to teabag because there class is God mode right now.

I am seeing 0k+ shields out there on most sorc's. Before someone says L2P, how can you possibly out DPS them when all they have to press is 2 buttons and they have it right back?

Yes I am QQing and yes this is a nerf sorc thread. Even if lets say they couldn't streak more than once. Who cares. You don't have to run. Just keep spamming shields and firing away.

What is more concerning is our (non sorc's) fear is being realized on the PTS right now. All reports in is it is even worse with the damage reduction. So just another reason to Zerg up. because you will not win against a sorc 9 times out of ten. And it is Not because most of the sorc's out there are better players. Don't even go there.

I really wish a high profile sorc will post here and admit it. Then maybe Zos would listen
  • iseko
    iseko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shield stacking is mostly a problem with sorcs. Perma blocking is problem with dk's. Perma roll dodging is a nb problem. Zos solution: nerf eveeything and everyone!!

Sorcs are a bit OP but not as much as you make it look. I can 3 shot kill half the sorcs I meet with my HA magicka templar. Pkaying as a sorc still requires some skill... But a good sorc can faceroll most people without breaking stride. They are not as a OP as the DKs of old though.

Bats!! Bats everywhere!!!!
  • BigTone
    BigTone
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do not fret, they are coming out with a set that does irresistible damage and goes through shields, that should solve all of your problems >:)

Oh and...

gmD2OIU.png
    Big'Tone-V16 DC Sorc AR31
    Sneaky'Tone-V16 DC NB AR22
    Holy'Tone-V12 DC Temp
    Chunky'Tone-33 DC DK (BWB beast)

Worst NB NA
    Roll dodging magicka sorc

"Do you know why they call him Big'Tone?"
  • Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    iseko wrote: »
    I can 3 shot kill half the sorcs I meet with my HA magicka templar.
    You're a modest guy! :*
  • iseko
    iseko
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can 3 shot kill half the sorcs I meet with my HA magicka templar.
    You're a modest guy! :*

Hehe my point is that a lot of people cant play with sorc very well. Those that can... I can't even get their shields down.
  • Eejit1331
    Eejit1331
    ✭✭✭
    Lag
    Edited by Eejit1331 on July 31, 2015 12:10PM
  • Xqluded
    Xqluded
    ✭✭✭
    Shield stacking has been nerfed ha-ha. Have you tried using Shields on the PTS
  • Darnathian
    Darnathian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xqluded wrote: »

Yes. Not enough. More powerful now c sorc's are God mode. I don't mind losing to the great sorc's. But the scrubs win now too.
  • BigTone
    BigTone
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a sorc, I can not wait for the next update.
    Big'Tone-V16 DC Sorc AR31
    Sneaky'Tone-V16 DC NB AR22
    Holy'Tone-V12 DC Temp
    Chunky'Tone-33 DC DK (BWB beast)

Worst NB NA
    Roll dodging magicka sorc

"Do you know why they call him Big'Tone?"
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darnathian wrote: »

Yes. Not enough. More powerful now c sorc's are God mode. I don't mind losing to the great sorc's. But the scrubs win now too.

Sounds like you're the scrub. Stop crying and L2P.

Disabling the grass may improve performance.
  • whodat2eso
    People Need To Realize That Shields Are Our Heath Bar We cant Do Anything else besides let our shields absorb damage without it us sorcs are paper. just Learn to time Your Stuns and You Beat sorcs
  • whodat2eso
    No Different then a Dk with 25k plus health healing himself or nightblade dodge rolling to avoid damage Like Lear to play All classes Has Pros And Cons
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    whodat2eso wrote: »
    No Different then a Dk with 25k plus health healing himself or nightblade dodge rolling to avoid damage Like Lear to play All classes Has Pros And Cons
    A DK with 25k health has much less damage than a 18k health shieldstacker Sorc.
    Edited by tplink3r1 on July 31, 2015 9:31PM
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • Kloud
    Kloud
    ✭✭✭
    Fix shield stacking please! Zos
  • Kloud
    Kloud
    ✭✭✭
    k2blader wrote: »

I think your the scrub l2p man up and admit shield stacking is to strong on pts thanks
  • Kloud
    Kloud
    ✭✭✭
    People Need To Realize That Shields Are Our Heath Bar We cant Do Anything else besides let our shields absorb damage without it us sorcs are paper. just Learn to time Your Stuns and You Beat sorcs[/quote with points in to tumbling and 900 Stam regen sorcs can break free every 6 secs and never run out of Stam dude. I've fought plenty of sorcs that can break free endlessly and not run out of stam
    Edited by Kloud on July 31, 2015 9:49PM
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kloud wrote: »

I think your the scrub l2p man up and admit shield stacking is to strong on pts thanks

Don't call me man, scrubby dub.

Haven't been on PTS yet. I hear zergs are too strong there though.
    Disabling the grass may improve performance.
  • Darnathian
    Darnathian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People Need To Realize That Shields Are Our Heath Bar We cant Do Anything else besides let our shields absorb damage without it us sorcs are paper. just Learn to time Your Stuns and You Beat sorcs

I know how to go after them. That use to work. Why do you think they are no longer posting about fossilize? Because going after there stamina no longer works. There shields are getting bigger and bigger.

The fact they keep defending this is amazing. A perma blocking dk is a problem? How is that? Lol. He ain't killing crap. Sorc's are mass murderers right now. they are even worse on the PTS now.
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcs are a bit OP but not as much as you make it look. I can 3 shot kill half the sorcs I meet with my HA magicka templar.

Are you one of those noobs that tab targets and just casts radiant oppression on the sorc for 30 seconds straight while waiting for it to finally get onto the healthbar, and then claiming to do ANYTHING important in the fight? Meanwhile the sorc is trying to ward off about 10 other attackers while youre just exploiting the line of sight bug with it.

I love guys like you, the typical blowhard that is the mockery of every TS channel I am part of. Jesus beam spammers make me lol.

Your heavy armor magicka templar, even with 7x nirn would be a three to four shot kill for my sorc, guaranteed. PROTIP - max spell pen, 3100 spell damage, 33k magicka, mines, det, frag, curse = gg.

Now, are you done making ridiculous claims.
    Edited by Rylana on August 1, 2015 7:18AM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • iseko
    iseko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »
    Sorcs are a bit OP but not as much as you make it look. I can 3 shot kill half the sorcs I meet with my HA magicka templar.

Are you one of those noobs that tab targets and just casts radiant oppression on the sorc for 30 seconds straight while waiting for it to finally get onto the healthbar, and then claiming to do ANYTHING important in the fight? Meanwhile the sorc is trying to ward off about 10 other attackers while youre just exploiting the line of sight bug with it.

I love guys like you, the typical blowhard that is the mockery of every TS channel I am part of. Jesus beam spammers make me lol.

Your heavy armor magicka templar, even with 7x nirn would be a three to four shot kill for my sorc, guaranteed. PROTIP - max spell pen, 3100 spell damage, 33k magicka, mines, det, frag, curse = gg.

Now, are you done making ridiculous claims.

LOL
  • Naphariel
    Naphariel
    ✭✭✭
    Shield stacking is mostly a problem with sorcs. Perma blocking is problem with dk's. Perma roll dodging is a nb problem.

Clearly they should nerf templars.
  • Tripe
    Tripe
    ✭✭✭
    Why in gods name are they nerfing blocking before they deal with the biggest issue out there right now, sorcshield stacking. this is so incredibly unbalanced it is beyond me. I cannot think for the life of me why a huge change like removing stamina regen while blocking gets made but not the fact that a sorcerer can literally dump everything into one stat and get both the benefits of offense and defense

I use to PVP about four hours a night. Now I can barely stomach a half hour. Can only take so much from scrubs that like to teabag because there class is God mode right now.

I am seeing 0k+ shields out there on most sorc's. Before someone says L2P, how can you possibly out DPS them when all they have to press is 2 buttons and they have it right back?

Yes I am QQing and yes this is a nerf sorc thread. Even if lets say they couldn't streak more than once. Who cares. You don't have to run. Just keep spamming shields and firing away.

What is more concerning is our (non sorc's) fear is being realized on the PTS right now. All reports in is it is even worse with the damage reduction. So just another reason to Zerg up. because you will not win against a sorc 9 times out of ten. And it is Not because most of the sorc's out there are better players. Don't even go there.

I really wish a high profile sorc will post here and admit it. Then maybe Zos would listen

Any other dev in any other game would have hotfixed this, and a myriad of other problems and balance issues months ago. Either they don't care or they don't know what they're doing. Why I keep coming back to this game is beyond me.

I could swear they said they were going to do a balance pass after the console release. Did I miss something?

• Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Naphariel wrote: »
    Shield stacking is mostly a problem with sorcs. Perma blocking is problem with dk's. Perma roll dodging is a nb problem.

for the most part, that seems to be the go-to solution.

• Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lylith wrote: »
    Naphariel wrote: »

for the most part, that seems to be the go-to solution.

Templar nerf definitely would fix shield stacking. ZOS must get feedback!!!
    Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!
  • Gunphu
    Gunphu
    ✭✭✭
    Shield staccking sorcs are out of control on live. I cant imagine how bad it is on PTS with nirn being made useless and how affective shields seem.
  • Darnathian
    Darnathian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gunphu wrote: »
    Shield staccking sorcs are out of control on live. I cant imagine how bad it is on PTS with nirn being made useless and how affective shields seem.

It is REALLY bad. The damage reduction made it even harder to kill them.
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not sure if this was mentioned but on top of new set gear you can also crit on sheilds now making you able to burst them down much quicker.
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you also have to remember to be effective at sheild stacking you mus constantly reapply them. this means a sorc must pick and choose when to go on the offensive. it makes them more predictiable in their movements and battle strategy. they pressure you to long then they get wiped. they dont pressure you enough they dont kill you. it is all about timing. work the outer sheilds until they pressure you and then strike while they are not worried about reapplying sheilds. since you already should have been slowly diminishing their sheilds you should be able to burst through the rest. once throught the sheilds it is game over. if they fall back and reapply then wait patiently for your next strike while slowly reducing the shields.
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like you're a paragon of compassion and understanding.

Mara and the rest of the Divines would be proud.

:|
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On 1 vs 1. Shield stacking is bigger issue. Lets make an example. DK blockasting vs Sors shield stacking.
    DK hold block all the time and every second he use whip
    Sorc Cast a shield then then the next skill is light attack with crushing shot.
    DK needs 2 whips to destroy the shield
    1 Sorc cast shield
    1 Dk whip - absorbed half of the shield
    2 Sors attack - DK mitigate 80% (block + armor)
    2 DK whip - shield is gone
    3 Sors cast shild
    3 Dk whip - absorbed half of the shield
    4 Sors attack - DK mitigate 80% (block + armor)
    4 DK whip - shield is gone
    and so on...
    Here no CC are included but we can include them in the rotation too.
    What we have is that DK still takes small damage while sors mitigate everything.
    I am talking again in simple 1 vs 1 situation and I know that the game's goal in not to balance this scenario.
    Because I can!