The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Advice on Breton Sorc build

Bacon
Bacon
✭✭
OK, any feedback/all would be appreciated. I haven't put too much time into ESO yet but I'm still trying to figure out the best route to take with my character.

I'm currently only level 33, been collecting every skyshard and skill point along the way and about to enter into the 4th zone. Not sure if I will make any alts (might have to) so I'm trying to make my character capable of doing just about everything. I'm wanting to do all crafting (except enchanting, at least for now and will drop something else if necessary) but putting as few skill points into it as necessary to keep getting the proper level writs for my level

Apart from crafting, I've only done PvE but have been wanting to try PvP and group dungeons but I know my build still sucks and I'm not sure how to fix it. Right now I have both creature summons on my bar and the frost atronach Ultimite. Using crystal shards and the lightning strike that can make CS instant cast (can't remember the name) My last skill is a trap skill but have been thinking about replacing it with a shield of some kind. I currently wear almost all light armor and have put most of my points into +Magicka (and a few into health) so I have very little health and weak armor so I go down fast is targeted. I also use the restoration staff. This works fine with PvE but just don't see it being effective in PvP

I haven't really set up my second bar yet. I've been thinking of setting it up as my PvP bar. I have switched between using a destruction staff and a bow (not sure which way I want to go, leaning towards staff) I want to be simi-competitive in PvP (I know I won't be a top contender) but I'm not sure what would be most effective. I also want to keep the number of skill points I use to a minimum so I can dump more into my crafting so I know I need to keep the number of skill lines I use to a minimum.

A few questions,

Are summons worth while to use in anything other than solo PvE?
With a crafting focus should I bother with PvP until after I finish Cadwells Silver/Gold?
What role could I fill in group dungeons without too high of a skill point cost? I'm almost leading towards healer, maybe...?
Am I crazy to try and master 5 crafts on 1 toon and still have a decent PvE and PvP build?

“I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.” ― Winston S. Churchill
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its actually hard to spec for PvE and PvP at the same time but you can make sure you have leveled the skills for both over time and pay for skill respecs when you decide on your main focus.

As a V12 I have obsessively collected skyshards (only one zone where I still have a few to pick up and I will be completing that zone this weekend) and I have completed all available PvE quests (for skill points from quest rewards), I have completed the PvP tutorial (for free skill points) and collected a number of Cyrodil shards so ...

I am not short on skill points for being a 5 craft master crafter, PvE specced (one bar for AoE farming, the other for solo targets) and fully pimped out skills on my Vampire tree. I do NOT have all the available sorcerer tree skills active, I just choose the blend for the build I have wanted. Since playing with various builds post-V10 I have probably respecced about 5 times and currently think I have got it about right for how I want to play my character.

While I am grinding the road V10-14 I am passively leveling some skills that I have neglected and leveling some morphs that are PvP specific.

Can I recommend you have a look at Deltia's gaming website at his sorcerer builds for ideas.

http://deltiasgaming.com/category/eso-guides/class-guide/sorcerer-class-guide-for-elder-scrolls-online/sorcerer-builds/
    Edited by OzJohnD on July 30, 2015 11:13PM
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• Bacon
    Bacon
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the advice. I've looked at Deltia's site before and it does have some good builds but they are very specific to a certain task. Gives me a lot to think about though. I think I'll just stick with PvE until I get through Silver/Gold and then re-spec for PvP.

I am still curious if anyone actually uses the summoned pets when doing PvP or if those are just not worth it for that type of game play. Any other advice or recommendations would still be appreciated.
    “I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.” ― Winston S. Churchill
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bacon wrote: »
    I am still curious if anyone actually uses the summoned pets when doing PvP or if those are just not worth it for that type of game play. Any other advice or recommendations would still be appreciated.

While leveling, it is extremely challenging to level two crafts and be deadly at the same time. Add in a third craft and you can just call it hard, and your just making it harder on your self. I have a VR14 who is a Master Crafter in every skill but I still don't have enough skill points to allocate to all the things I would like. Note, she does not do PvP and has not done Craglorn and a few of the Group Dungeons so there are more skill points than what I have acquired.

Much better to use an Alt for Crafting. Have your main make the armors you use all the time, and weapons. But do everything else on the Alt. Or, respec the character your building now into a crafter later on. Then they can feed the Alt gear and that Alt will breeze through the game. You don't really need Crafted Gear while leveling 1-50, loot drops can really keep you going. Once in the VR Ranks, Crafted Gear is much more important.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"