The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Is Vampire Or Werewolf better for high elf sorcerer?

IOUAT
IOUAT
✭✭✭
Hi I'm wondering which is better for high elf sorcerer the vampire or werewolf. I know vampire and werewolf both have there pro and con. Any advice is much appreciated : o
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    Or if anyone has any experience nice with the werewolf and vampire. What are the pro an cons of both of them? And Which one is more beneficial to high elf sorcerer I know one fives more damage and one gives lke more magic
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Studio wrote: »
    Or if anyone has any experience nice with the werewolf and vampire. What are the pro an cons of both of them? And Which one is more beneficial to high elf sorcerer I know one fives more damage and one gives lke more magic

It is not true that werewolf gives more damage or vampire more magicka.

Vampire boosts magicka AND stamina. It also gives a powerfull life drain skill (stun the foe, drain his life and heal yourself with it). the other two vampire skills are ok. Good but not extremely powerfull like the life drain skill.
    Vampire decreases your health regen a lot and it makes you more vulnerable to firedamage. This makes it a glasscanon way to go. You sacrifice survivabillity for dps.

Werewolf requires you to use the ultimate activly on your skillbar. If you do so it boosts your stamina. The ultimate is good (better then the vampire ultimate), specially for melee range fighting. The downside (besides the need to bring the ultimate) is that when in werewolf form you are more vulnerable to poison.

All in all, the werewolf is better if you run a stamina build. The vampire is very powerfull for a magicka based build if you are ready to withstand the heat.

Keep in mind it is an option. You can choose to not go for either. If it doesn't add anything to your need, you shouldnt get it in the first place.

Vampire is a nice addition for a stamina sorcerer (give your a high elf I imagine you are). but without proper means to counter the fireweakness and low healthregen it is worthless. The healthregen can be countered with drinkbuffs. The fireweakness can only be countered with championpoints (which means you allready need to have a high veteran rank character) or with a racial passive for the dunmer (dark elves).

Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you asked me .. neither

.. but you never asked me, and I will deny you ever did

nosferatu_by_selmafx.jpg

Never trust advice you get from an Altmer vampire

Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    OzJohnD wrote: »

nosferatu_by_selmafx.jpg

I've seen u a lot in my threads john boy >_> so neither you say? :/
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    Ranique wrote: »

It is not true that werewolf gives more damage or vampire more magicka.

Vampire boosts magicka AND stamina. It also gives a powerfull life drain skill (stun the foe, drain his life and heal yourself with it). the other two vampire skills are ok. Good but not extremely powerfull like the life drain skill.
    Vampire decreases your health regen a lot and it makes you more vulnerable to firedamage. This makes it a glasscanon way to go. You sacrifice survivabillity for dps.

Werewolf requires you to use the ultimate activly on your skillbar. If you do so it boosts your stamina. The ultimate is good (better then the vampire ultimate), specially for melee range fighting. The downside (besides the need to bring the ultimate) is that when in werewolf form you are more vulnerable to poison.

All in all, the werewolf is better if you run a stamina build. The vampire is very powerfull for a magicka based build if you are ready to withstand the heat.

Keep in mind it is an option. You can choose to not go for either. If it doesn't add anything to your need, you shouldnt get it in the first place.

Vampire is a nice addition for a stamina sorcerer (give your a high elf I imagine you are). but without proper means to counter the fireweakness and low healthregen it is worthless. The healthregen can be countered with drinkbuffs. The fireweakness can only be countered with championpoints (which means you allready need to have a high veteran rank character) or with a racial passive for the dunmer (dark elves).

When would I be ready to stand the heat?
  • Sandshark95
    Sandshark95
    ✭✭✭
    Well, until they dropped the nerf hammer on both vamps and WWs regarding the passive thing, you couldn't go wrong with either one. Now, WW wouldn't benefit you at all unless you want to sacrifice your Ultimate slot for some stamina regen--which isn't important for a magicka build anyway. Going Vampire is your best bet, if you can manage the slow health regen and the fire damage. Keep in mind that if you want to be able to use one of the Vamp's passives, you now have to slot a vamp ability on your bar :( (which I don't agree with...vampires don't just suffer from slow health regen and take ridiculous amounts of fire damage sometimes, it's a 24/7 thing...but that's a discussion for a different forum topic).

You can stand the heat now, if you grab some fire resistance enchantments and put a few on your gear. They're supposedly halving the fire damage vamps take soon, so there's that to look forward to as well.
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭

nosferatu_by_selmafx.jpg

<.<

>.>

.. who ? me ?

Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

• OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭

• IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭

nosferatu_by_selmafx.jpg