The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Daedric Artifacts?

MakeUcrazY
MakeUcrazY
✭✭✭
I've been playing about a month now, whenever I have the time, and as I progress I noticed I haven't come across any Daedric shrines.

I've followed The Elder Scrolls series since Arena and Daggerfall (Morrowind my all-time fav), but i remember how much fun I had in the last couple games being able to do a couple dirty deeds for a Daedric prince and getting a cool trinket or boss weapon.

I guess this could make players too OP or maybe I'm just not far enough into the game but are there any Daedric quests for their artifacts?
  • Ghanima_Atreides
    Ghanima_Atreides
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. The Wabbajack appears in the Mages Guild questline, and you even get to use it briefly, but you don't get to keep it. Likewise, Hermaeus Mora dangles the Oghma Infinium in front of your nose before snatching it away in another quest. :P

The problem with these artifacts is that they're unique, and it would be weird seeing multiple people running around with them.
    Edited by Ghanima_Atreides on July 30, 2015 3:01PM
    [The Beauty of Tamriel] My collection of ESO screenshots

Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes. Real boats rock.
  • MakeUcrazY
    MakeUcrazY
    ✭✭✭
    I see your point. I guess I will have to fulfill my sociopathic Daedric worship in other ways.
  • Ghanima_Atreides
    Ghanima_Atreides
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well there *are* Daedric armor/weapons you can craft...and of course you can summon them if you're a Sorcerer. ;)

Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes. Real boats rock.
  • MakeUcrazY
    MakeUcrazY
    ✭✭✭
    Normally I have always been a magic user or sneaky thief in previous games. I have a sorc that I brought to lvl 17 and was disappointed in the lack of summoning; an imp, familiar, Atronoch. Should I have stuck it out longer? Are there better summons that I didn't see?

I didn't know about the Daedric crafting (there is still a lot I have not explored). I could definitely go for some of that gear, thanks!
  • Ghanima_Atreides
    Ghanima_Atreides
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly, the Scamp/Clannfear, Winged Twilight and the Storm Atronach are your only options. I too was disappointed by that, being fond of summoning much more diverse Daedra in past games.

And yes, there is Daedric crafting, although the motif is rare (and pretty expensive if you want to buy it) and requires high level crafters to make. Still, it's definitely there.
    Edited by Ghanima_Atreides on July 30, 2015 3:21PM

• OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    or the Crown store pets .. but they are passive (most of the time >:) )
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend