Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Any news on PC controller support?

Detective_Hacc
I think I speak for most PC players when I say news would be fantastic.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they mentioned it was slated for release with 1.7. I haven't checked to see if it's working on the current PTS build.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At Quakecon they said they were working on it, but there was no estimated time to have it implemented as they want to make sure it works seamless switching back and forth between controller and kb/m.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Pallmor
    Pallmor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soon

Edited by Pallmor on July 30, 2015 2:26PM
  • Funkopotamus
    Funkopotamus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After hearing all of the "Just play on PC if you want text chat" trolls when people asked for it on Console I so want to say something right now, but....

PC should have Controller support by now so I will not say it lol.
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!" Sallington
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm all for PC Controller support as long as they allow us to configure the controllers according to how WE, the player, want the abilities assigned... not how THEY chose to assign them like with consoles.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Funkopotamus
    Funkopotamus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    I'm all for PC Controller support as long as they allow us to configure the controllers according to how WE, the player, want the abilities assigned... not how THEY chose to assign them like with consoles.

That would be xpadder...

Also why would it matter? If it is like console at least the people that play both would be fine for sure?
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!" Sallington
  • darthbelanb14_ESO
    darthbelanb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    You don't speak for me, and controller support is not necessary. If you want controller support, play the game on the Xbox or PS4.
  • Zolron
    Zolron
    ✭✭✭
    You don't speak for me, and controller support is not necessary. If you want controller support, play the game on the Xbox or PS4.

Why bother even posting , slow day for trolls??

On topic.....I'd love to see this added ( especially the controller UI with it )...only negative and skeptical part is there was mention of them working on controller support last summer ( can't find the link ), so unfortunatly I'm not holding my breath for it to come any time soon :( Hope I'm wrong !!!!!

found the link ..patch notes indicate they are in the early stages for controller support..this was in July 2014
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/119843/update-3-api-patch-notes-change-log-pts
    Edited by Zolron on July 30, 2015 8:51PM
  • Detective_Hacc
    Zolron wrote: »

Why bother even posting , slow day for trolls??

On topic.....I'd love to see this added ( especially the controller UI with it )...only negative and skeptical part is there was mention of them working on controller support last summer ( can't find the link ), so unfortunatly I'm not holding my breath for it to come any time soon :( Hope I'm wrong !!!!!

found the link ..patch notes indicate they are in the early stages for controller support..this was in July 2014
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/119843/update-3-api-patch-notes-change-log-pts

IGN posted this: http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/07/24/quakecon-2015-controller-support-coming-to-elder-scrolls-online-on-pc
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »

That would be xpadder...

Also why would it matter? If it is like console at least the people that play both would be fine for sure?

And what small fraction of those are playing BOTH?

Xpadder... yes, which is what I use. BUT, xpadder works as a keyboard emulation, and if ESO 'automatically detects and assigns' controller function, then it seems like it would override any changes my by xpadder. Plus, what about all those people that use other types of controllers that aren't XBOX One or PS4 controllers- surely there would be a way for them to utilize their controllers better than having the game leave them no options for customization.
    Edited by ADarklore on July 31, 2015 9:02AM
  • Deheart
    Deheart
    ✭✭✭
    When ESO came out on PS4 I tried it and I loved playing with controller, but hated the whole no add ons, no text chat, and crappy audio chat system that is suppose to replace text chatting. And the PC version still doesn't have Controller support. So I basically lost interest in playing ESO until PC/Mac it does.

The whole PC gamer vs console gamer thing doesn't matter to me at all. I seem to be unusual in that what matters to me is Keyboard/Mouse vs Controller. If a game doesn't have controller support, I probably won't buy it. I just get tired of having to sit hunched over at a desk using awkward finger positions with my left hand. I am not handicapped, but I have come to the conclusion that I do not have the manual dexterity that most PC gamers have. And I do not want to keep messing around with assigning buttons on a gaming mouse. Usually when a game has controller support, the default button mapping is perfectly fine and tested for good playability.

Signed,
    Impatiently waiting for controller support since beta.
    As a casual player I was satisfied that at one point I had a char max level and near max crafting with almost all motifs and I pretty much lost interest. Then ESO discovered DLC's and now my main is just a wanabe and I am happily pulled back into the game.
  • Detective_Hacc
    Deheart wrote: »
    When ESO came out on PS4 I tried it and I loved playing with controller, but hated the whole no add ons, no text chat, and crappy audio chat system that is suppose to replace text chatting. And the PC version still doesn't have Controller support. So I basically lost interest in playing ESO until PC/Mac it does.

The whole PC gamer vs console gamer thing doesn't matter to me at all. I seem to be unusual in that what matters to me is Keyboard/Mouse vs Controller. If a game doesn't have controller support, I probably won't buy it. I just get tired of having to sit hunched over at a desk using awkward finger positions with my left hand. I am not handicapped, but I have come to the conclusion that I do not have the manual dexterity that most PC gamers have. And I do not want to keep messing around with assigning buttons on a gaming mouse. Usually when a game has controller support, the default button mapping is perfectly fine and tested for good playability.

Signed,

Amen, brother
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usually when a game has controller support, the default button mapping is perfectly fine and tested for good playability.

Not always true. Whoever decided to put weapon swap on the direction pad versus L3 stick obviously wasn't thinking about what works best. Having to remove your finger from the control stick in the middle of combat can mean certain death in intense, prolonged battles. This is why having the ability to map YOUR OWN controller is the best option, because having others decide for you is never a good thing- especially if they are decided by people who aren't actually 'playing' the game for 8-10 hours a day, several days a week. That is the thing with game devs, I highly doubt they play their games outside of work and I don't consider 'developing and testing' Mon-Fri 8-5 as being the best means of making sure a product works in the real world.
  • crytantrevors
    crytantrevors
    ✭✭✭
    Pc gets controller support then consoles need to get keyboard and mouse support
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So long as they don't break mods or give us those crappy console menus when using a mouse and keyboard. Those look so tedious to navigate.

And so long as they don't make the A button both jumping and interacting with objects.
  • Detective_Hacc
    Pc gets controller support then consoles need to get keyboard and mouse support

I honestly don't see the logic here.

Giving PC controller support involves JUST giving the game controller support.

Consoles would need drivers to actually use a KB/M, programing the game to work with those brand new drivers, and then putting the UI for the KB/M version into the console version while restructuring it to work on a TV from far away.
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They just stated on Twitch they are still working on implementing controller support for the PC.

They also stated it will be a toggle, so those who want to continue to use third party programs can still do so, though they will not support it if there is an issue.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • nathanmaxtrob14_ESO
    It would be amazing if somebody from Zenimax would make a post saying when it's coming out.

I have no idea why there is no news about it.
  • joshuamlux_ESO
    joshuamlux_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    They should have done controller support before console even came out. hell, they should have released it on pc as a sort of ad hoc beta test for the console ui and controller support
  • nightward92
    nightward92
    Soul Shriven

Signed,

Amen, brother

pretty much the same here its a great game but people who like to use a controller are being left out i mean the console people have it and it shouldn't be that hard to do it so the pc people can have it now :P
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's on PTS right now being tested. Unless something terrible goes wrong, expect to see it in the Base Game patch with Orsinium.
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's amazing how many of these threads we've seen in the past few months, people complaining about lack of controller support. Yet, now that controller support is available on PTS and ZOS is looking for feedback for bugs, improvements, etc... there is hardly ANYONE actually doing any testing and providing feedback.

From what my own experience is... it seems to work well except, when they talked about the Controller UI they said it would be an 'auto-sensing/auto-switching' system in which- you push a key on the controller, it would switch to controller UI, push a button on KB/Mouse, it would switch to KB/Mouse UI... but on PTS, it does NOT work that way. You have to choose- either KB/Mouse UI or Controller UI. Sure you can use keyboard quick commands, but all that does is bring up the Controller UI for you to navigate with the controller OR clunkily with the mouse. So far there has been no official response as to WHERE that 'auto-switching' UI idea went to.