The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Researching

rvezirian1
rvezirian1
Soul Shriven
Just downloaded the game and begun crafting. I notice to craft the good stuff, research needs to be done. All of the items to research are unavailable though. Do these unlock with crafting lvl or am I missing something? Also, I can't seem to get any provisioning done. Are recipes a requirement? If so, what is the best way to gather a bunch of recipes? I ask cause I'd like to do a ton of provisioning as it seems it can be very profitable.
  • Jennifur_Vultee
    Jennifur_Vultee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You find items with the traits you want to research for example...

Lets say you want to do heavy armor and weapons.
    You find heavy armor boots with Reinforced trait, you take them to a forge, use the forge then click the Research icon on the far right that looks like a triangle with circles in the corners. Click the armor research icon, go to boots, select your boots with the Reinforced trait and click them to research them, a box will pop up asking if you wish to continue, say yes. The boots will be destroyed but when the research finishes you'll be able to craft boots with the Reinforced trait. Researching a trait on one item does not unlock that trait on all armors or weapons...just the item you researched.

Yes provisioning requires recipes, they can be found in as loot drops, in containers in the world or can be stolen from containers in cities.
    Edited by Jennifur_Vultee on July 30, 2015 4:52AM
    "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters." – Albert Einstein

Treat a customer fairly and they will remember you. Treat a customer poorly and they never forget.

Imperial City: Zerg, gank or die.
  • JJBaboon
    JJBaboon
    ✭✭
    In order to research a trait you need to have a weapon/armor with that trait on it and the item is destroyed in the process of researching the trait. Recipes for provisioning can be found all over Tamriel in containers and even for sale by merchants. Questing and looting every container is a good start. Also do the provisioning certification quest in the starting town in order to get a recipe to get you started.
  • rvezirian1
    rvezirian1
    Soul Shriven
    When you first start the quest that tells you to speak with one of two people I spoke with the one that certifies you in blacksmith and woodwork. Can I still go and talk to the person that certs you in provisioning now? I'm actually not even sure where that person is at this point lol. Thanks for your help guys
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    yes, one is in fighters guild the other in mages guild
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend