Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

"700mb update"

threefarms
threefarms
✭✭✭
I started downloading my update this morning and will not be able to play until tomorrow because the update is 16gb. Way to go Zenimax, you once again ruin our lives.

[Moderator Note: Edited title and content per our rules on bashing comments]
Edited by ZOS_MatM on July 29, 2015 11:26PM
  • Paradoxia
    Paradoxia
    If a game update ruins your life, try going outside.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Rude and Insulting comments]
    Edited by ZOS_MatM on July 29, 2015 11:27PM
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    keep it polite folks
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there, @threefarms. We addressed this issue in a different thread, but the update should jump up to 15GB pretty quickly. More info:
    Hey guys. When you initially download today's patch, it will display something like "updating file XX/16GB". However, it should jump up to ~15GB pretty quickly, then download the 700MB patch. Please let us know if this isn't the case. Remember that this is only for those that are downloading today's patch (01.05) - if you need to download previous patches, it will be much larger.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • TinCannE
    TinCannE
    Soul Shriven
    Is it replacing/updating the previous patch? Wow, I have never come across an update that is SUPPOSED to be 700MB, need over 16GB of free space, to install. RIDICULOUS & UNPROFESSIONAL.
  • Torvos
    Torvos
    Soul Shriven
    It's cool tristank I didn't really want to be able to have storage for my other games anyways since I have to keep about 100GB occupied or freed up for eso client and patches. Good on you friend
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    TinCannE wrote: »
    Is it replacing/updating the previous patch? Wow, I have never come across an update that is SUPPOSED to be 700MB, need over 16GB of free space, to install. RIDICULOUS & UNPROFESSIONAL.

ok

Edited by OzJohnD on July 30, 2015 6:08AM
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• Oldenwood
    Oldenwood
    Soul Shriven
    I've had the same issue downloading this patch, as it absorbed ~14GB of my data cap (80GB) for the month. Given it's only meant to be "incremental" and only 700MB that was something of a surprise. I already had the previous patch (1.04) and that was ~16GB, the existence of which was apparently not recognised. Enjoying the game, but would appreciate smaller downloads for these incremental patches, please.