The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Leveling?

Kalfes
Kalfes
I'm currently level 44, I changes from a Sorcerer to now focusing on Bow/Dual Wield, both are at level 20, I'm having trouble fonding stuff that will give me experience, especially in The Rift, what do I do?
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At level 44 in The Rift you're running into the problem I always run into in the last zone of an alliance - you're starting to out-level the content. If you're more than 5 levels above the mobs you won't get any XP or loot from them. In The Rift if I remember correctly you'll be too high level to get XP from the mobs in the North-East part of the map, but you should still be able to get XP from the ones in the South half of the map, and especially from the ones in the South-East part of the map near Riften.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Kalfes
    Kalfes
    UrQuan wrote: »
    At level 44 in The Rift you're running into the problem I always run into in the last zone of an alliance - you're starting to out-level the content. If you're more than 5 levels above the mobs you won't get any XP or loot from them. In The Rift if I remember correctly you'll be too high level to get XP from the mobs in the North-East part of the map, but you should still be able to get XP from the ones in the South half of the map, and especially from the ones in the South-East part of the map near Riften.

Is there another place I can level?
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can you access Cold Harbor ?
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• Kalfes
    Kalfes
    OzJohnD wrote: »
    Can you access Cold Harbor ?

I'm not sure, I'm level 45, does it require you to be a certain level?
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I remember correctly, the main quest to Cold Harbor pops at level 40 .. check out the Harborage

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Coldharbour
    Edited by OzJohnD on July 30, 2015 5:30AM
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• Atlaz
    Atlaz
    ✭✭
    It's a bit stupid but for awhile I thought cracked wood cave was the only cave in all of Cyradil. Good spots for exp and such.
    13z671u.jpg
    Edited by Atlaz on July 30, 2015 1:57PM
    "Bretons are renowned and talented craftsmen, shrewd merchants, gallant cavaliers, and inventive wizards. They can also be proud and quarrelsome."
  • SkepticalGlenn
    @Atlaz So if i'm level 31 can I still go to this cave in cyrodil since it will raise my level? And i'll get a ton of experience? Also where is this cave at in cyrodil.
    Khajit has wares
  • Atlaz
    Atlaz
    ✭✭
    @Atlaz So if i'm level 31 can I still go to this cave in cyrodil since it will raise my level? And i'll get a ton of experience? Also where is this cave at in cyrodil.

Grinding in general is going to take a long time. I was on a lot earlier.
    2hev60y.jpg

2a6jcsp.jpg

16916px.jpg

Even grinding at low levels takes a long time.
    Edited by Atlaz on July 30, 2015 6:40PM
    "Bretons are renowned and talented craftsmen, shrewd merchants, gallant cavaliers, and inventive wizards. They can also be proud and quarrelsome."
  • Adamsy
    Adamsy
    OzJohnD wrote: »
    If I remember correctly, the main quest to Cold Harbor pops at level 40 .. check out the Harborage

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Coldharbour

i got the quest talk to vanus somebody or other is sky watch. Did the little bits of his quest before it jumped to cold harbour.
  • Atlaz
    Atlaz
    ✭✭
    Cold Harbor
    97i2j9.jpg

Level 39-44
    x4m9ad.jpg

Level 44-50
    2w7pcnn.jpg

Cadwell's silver for Dagger Fall. V1 up to V8. Map Greenshade.

nxtgmc.jpg
    10f83n8.jpg

===
    Caves are for those who don't want to do Cadwell's quest and can't find groups to do dungeons often. V1+

You should have enough main story line quest to get to at least level 39+

Edited by Atlaz on July 30, 2015 7:18PM