Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

DEV - Please Read - Console - Message of the Day

Tallowby
Tallowby
✭✭✭
I think everyone that belongs to a guild or multiple guilds has issue with the format or lack there of with the Message of the day notification.

As it is now they are just a wall of text or run on sentences which are difficult to read.

I mean how difficult would it be to add a divider across the length so different info can be displayed with a break between them.
All the system would need is if you see "---" (3 dashes) the game can insert a carriage return and a line separator before the next text string starts.

And why is the MOTD format displayed under the guild section different than the one shown in the notification? Please make them the same dimensions.

Since there is no in game text chat feature the MOTD IS the only in game guild wide messaging system. And as such it should have a more robust tool set for guild leaders to get their message out.

Adding simple formatting tools can do this.... Also would request the maximum length of the MOTD be increased because it is far to limiting now as well.

Do other Console Guild Leaders here agree this should be done at the very least?
Edited by Tallowby on July 29, 2015 7:37PM
NEED THE HELP OF A 9 TRAIT MASTER CRAFTER ON XBOX ONE NA - ALL STYLES LIST ---> My known Styles
Tallowby's Crafter Aid ...... CONSOLE - How to run a DPS Test

XBOX ONE NA - Guild The OTG (accepting applications)
Arden Sul | Bosmer | Nightblade | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter |
Tallowby | Imperial | Templar | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter | EVERY STYLE KNOWN!
Freya Bolt | Altmer | Sorcerer | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
Wacko Smacko | Imperial | Dragon Knight | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
  • ajperez
    ajperez
    I'm not a guild leader, but I agree that some formatting could be useful. I don't know about the lenght, it seems long enough...

Also, please delay the notification when the guild message changes.

As a member, it's quite annoying to receive a notification and read it... just to have another one a couple of minutes later, and then another one, and another, and another... I guess it's normal that guild masters edit their message, then read it and edit to make minor fixes, until they're satisfied with the result. So far, I've seen 4-5 edits in a row. It's ok. But members could live without all the intermediate notifications!!! Just tell me when it's finished, please. It would be as easy as delaying the notification 5 minutes after an edit; if a subsequent edit is made, then update the timer instead of sending a new notification.

(By the way... I'm not sure that "Xbox One Technical Support" is the right forum section for this topic...)
  • Tallowby
    Tallowby
    ✭✭✭
    ajperez wrote: »
    I'm not a guild leader, but I agree that some formatting could be useful. I don't know about the lenght, it seems long enough...

Also, please delay the notification when the guild message changes.

As a member, it's quite annoying to receive a notification and read it... just to have another one a couple of minutes later, and then another one, and another, and another... I guess it's normal that guild masters edit their message, then read it and edit to make minor fixes, until they're satisfied with the result. So far, I've seen 4-5 edits in a row. It's ok. But members could live without all the intermediate notifications!!! Just tell me when it's finished, please. It would be as easy as delaying the notification 5 minutes after an edit; if a subsequent edit is made, then update the timer instead of sending a new notification.

(By the way... I'm not sure that "Xbox One Technical Support" is the right forum section for this topic...)

If the edit screen was Identical to the notification those multi edits would be severely reduced. But errors happen so a delay would not be a bad thing.

I had it posted in a larger section but is was soon lost to page 3 in a very short time.... And there is not a section for General Console Feedback.... hence put it here.
    NEED THE HELP OF A 9 TRAIT MASTER CRAFTER ON XBOX ONE NA - ALL STYLES LIST ---> My known Styles
    Tallowby's Crafter Aid ...... CONSOLE - How to run a DPS Test

XBOX ONE NA - Guild The OTG (accepting applications)
    Arden Sul | Bosmer | Nightblade | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter |
    Tallowby | Imperial | Templar | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter | EVERY STYLE KNOWN!
    Freya Bolt | Altmer | Sorcerer | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
    Wacko Smacko | Imperial | Dragon Knight | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |