The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Why am I only getting Green?

chuckselegy
chuckselegy
✭✭
i don't understand why I'm only getting, or rather getting a majority of green drops from bosses, dolmens, etc. I'm VR6 and have nearly every skill line ranked 40+ (most are at 50) with the exception of my crafting which I neglect. It is all around 10-20ish. What am I missing?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loot drops have nothing to do with Crafting skills. Other than crafting material containers of course.

Anyway, it is probably RNG. Another thing to consider is the Bosses are on a timer as far as loot drops are concerned. If you kill a boss less than 20 minutes or so after someone else did you don't get the boss loot drop (6 or so items with a chance for a Blue), instead you get a mob loot drop. This is probably not an issue in the VR zones as much as leveling zones.

I rarely get Blues from Dolmen chests. I do get them, but not that often.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As @Nestor said, that drop rate is normal due to RNG and unrelated to your skill levels.

For example, while questing normally (which for me includes clearing out a zone completely, including World Bosses and Dolmens), I'll get maybe 1 or 2 blues per playing session along with 80-90 greens, and a purple drop maybe once a week if I'm lucky (it puzzled me somewhat how I could get a purple staff from a skeever, but oh well, it was a nice surprise).
    PC-EU
  • chuckselegy
    chuckselegy
    ✭✭
    Yeah, it just seems like every dolmen I do with a group in pvp other players get cold fire items and I get gold and a stam potion or a green pair of pouldron etc.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I get unless stuff too. Usually green med/light. Neither the item or mats are any good to me.

Don't think blue drops often. Except in group dungeons. Lots of blue and some purple per dungeon usually
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lately all I have been getting from some Bosses are White Drops.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"