Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Finished main EP quests and hit VR 1 , what now?

HerculesGL
I think this may come down to personal preference but I'm just wondering is it worth me running the alternative story ( daggerfall ) with my veteran character or starting a new one ?
  • Princess_Zoe
    I'm in the same position, but there are many VR1's , go for that VR14 IMO :smiley: , that's what I'm doing
  • DigitalCow
    I personally find doing the alternative quests a bit tedious and boring. After beating the main Story, I lost all interest of doing quests. And especially you'll come across of lore Breaking quests. Such as fighting your own faction in certain quests. This puts me off the mood to do those alternative quests and just stick to Cyrodiil for leveling up. Not as effective, but I have more fun there.
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    HerculesGL wrote: »
    I think this may come down to personal preference but I'm just wondering is it worth me running the alternative story ( daggerfall ) with my veteran character or starting a new one ?

Doing the other story's as a veteran has a lot of advantages. The first to find the items needed to max out crafting professions. Further, it helps you to get to max level. But most of all it gives championpoints. They are accountwide and will be usable on your future alts too. So I highly recommend doing the vr-versions.

(note: there are plans to dismiss the championpoints system, but when and how is currently unknown. with the details bout Imperial City it doesnt seem something we can see soon)
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • HerculesGL
    When it comes to Cyrodil I spend about 20 minutes riding into battle only to be annihilated upon arrival.
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    When it comes to Cyrodil I spend about 20 minutes riding into battle only to be annihilated upon arrival.

This is a known issue and it will be changed at the end of next month in imperial city (or atleast thats what they say).

PC player - EU
  • HerculesGL
    Hopefully they improve the group finder as well !
  • gtzempe_PAO_13
    after veteran 1. continue to playing quest to other 2 factions till level 10-11...after that cydoriil quest and pvp, craglorn trial and veteran dungeons....
  • HerculesGL
    Looks like I will continue the grind.
    The frustrating thing is I'm a healer and damn I wanna do some damage !!!
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    Ranique wrote: »
    (note: there are plans to dismiss the championpoints system, but when and how is currently unknown. with the details bout Imperial City it doesnt seem something we can see soon)

@Ranique Did you mean dismiss the Veteran Rank system? If not, where did they say they are getting rid of the champion point system. I haven't seen anything about this?
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭

I play a healer in group content, but I've also have a solo build that lets me do a good amount of damage when out in the world by myself. You have more than enough skillpoints to do both.

• Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭

As a healer it is perfectly possible to do decent damage. A healer build will only require 20-30 skillpoints. So you should have enough to also unlock everything needed for a decent dps build. Then all you need to do is switch skills and weapons for dps and your good to go.

PC player - EU
  • SkepticalGlenn
    Dang that's a tough choice. I know i'll want to make other characters, but i know i won't want to do the quests for each faction 8 plus times. At the same time, if I did it on my main then I would get extra lvl ups and crafting experience. I have no idea what i'll do. Good thing I have 19 lvl ups to decide.
    Khajit has wares