The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please reward us 9 trait crafters with something more! (first ever post)

IITHEOPII
IITHEOPII
✭✭
Hello,

This is my first time ever creating a thread on these forums as I usually just read and move on but this issue has brought me to creating my own.

I have played this game since Beta, I'm a huge crafter and pride myself on knowing all traits. It took me close to 8 months to become a complete 9 trait crafter and I felt like a boss when I finally clicked over my last traits, but to only be able to craft one set the"Twice Born Star" was a bit of a let down. Don't you think that a person who has spent 8 months researching and crafting to get to the Max level crafter in the game should be able to create the best gear in the game?
I really though that being a Master at my craft would allow me to make the "top tier" gear / items, but I was wrong.

I don't think you should be able to grind out a few dungeons and within a week or two have the best items/ gear out there, the best gear should be created by someone's hands, someone that has put the time and effort into the game. Now I know a heap of you would be saying "oh this will destroy the economy" or "this will unbalance the game" , well if you made the gear Bind On Craft then there wouldn't be a issue. Let us dedicated crafter's that took tons of time researching everything be able to wear, use and craft epic gear/ items.

We really need more 9 trait sets, reward us dedicated crafter's who have stuck around and researched for months and months, give us a special dye or title or something, not just one set that isn't even as good as a set you get from a dungeon. I feel this is a little backwards and a area that gets over looked by the community.

Cheers.
Stats - Highest DPS DK in Tamriel.
Twitch: IITHEOPII
Youtube: IITHEOPII
Twitter: IITHEOPII
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only have 6 capped crafts with 3 x 8 production crafts as I don't do dungeons to get Nirnhoned gear and won't pay silly prices for it.

That said, I don't consider I did anything remarkable logging in every few days to start another Research, or for that matter taking a day running about buying cheap gear with traits I needed from guild stores: highly tedious and time-wasting alternative an an AH but nothing noteworthy.

Even if I repeated the exercise and bought up Nirnhoned gear to get 3 x 9 production crafts would I consider it a major achievement which would entitle me to make the 'best' gear in the game, and it doesn't worry me that I can't, as long as the gear I can make is 'good enough' that's fine.
  • CaptainObvious
    CaptainObvious
    ✭✭✭✭
    The question is... how many traits are required for crafting the new IC sets?

Course then, specific crafting focused characters will find it difficult to wade through the area to get to them. Easy pickings if you will.

The next content beyond that will add more sets and possibly a 10th research.
    Due to a typo in the system, the area was accosted by the Daedric Prince Moar Lag Brawls.
  • Jeckll
    Jeckll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »
    I don't do dungeons to get Nirnhoned gear and won't pay silly prices for it.

There are no dungeons to get Nirnhorned Gear. We all had to farm Nirncrux or pay for it. The only "free" Nirnhorned Item is for completing the Upper Craglorn Questline.

Jeckll has quit the game. Thanks for the great time.
  • CaptainObvious
    CaptainObvious
    ✭✭✭✭
    First taste is free...
    Due to a typo in the system, the area was accosted by the Daedric Prince Moar Lag Brawls.
  • Savetti
    Savetti
    ✭✭✭
    criizn wrote: »
    Don't you think that a person who has spent 8 months researching and crafting to get to the Max level crafter in the game should be able to create the best gear in the game?
    I really though that being a Master at my craft would allow me to make the "top tier" gear / items, but I was wrong.

I absolutely agree with you. What's even worse is they are buffing dropped gear in the IC update to make crafting that much more of a waste. Seriously sad days in ESO. I have been playing since Beta on PC and this is the first time I have considered leaving the game.

• CidxLucy
    CidxLucy
    ✭✭
    Some set you make are better then drop set plus with sets you make you can setup them the way you want.

Just because you spend month lvling it does not mean you should make all the top gear some needed to be drops.

ffxiv
    110 gear was then best and you can make it
    then
    130 came out you have to buy it from npc or get it to drop
  • eNumbra
    eNumbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CidxLucy wrote: »
    Some set you make are better then drop set plus with sets you make you can setup them the way you want.

Just because you spend month lvling it does not mean you should make all the top gear some needed to be drops.

ffxiv
    then

Not only does every game not have to be the same, but originally, it was stated that the devs wanted crafted gear to be on par or better than dropped sets.
  • NGP
    NGP
    ✭✭✭
    eNumbra wrote: »
    CidxLucy wrote: »

ffxiv
    then

Not only does every game not have to be the same, but originally, it was stated that the devs wanted crafted gear to be on par or better than dropped sets.

And once many ppl can craft the top gears. Devs made some new challenges, so nothing stays forever.
  • lolzbuckets
    lolzbuckets
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry, but I don't follow your problem.

There's only one 9-trait crafted set, and yes, that kind of sucks. But that crafted set is pretty much universally considered one of the best, and with the IC update to Mundus Stone numbers to match up with the new level cap, odds are it'll get better, not worse.

Also, who says they WON'T add more craftable sets?

Also also, my fantasy build includes a crafted set, and it's not even a 9-trait set, so saying that crafted gear isn't on par with the super-rare quest drops seems....kinda dumb? Making the top-tier crafted gear objectively stronger the more traits are required to make it makes sense, but the degree of open-endedness this game gives you as far as character builds means that no piece of gear is going to be universally sought after, and that's a good thing. o_o
  • IITHEOPII
    IITHEOPII
    ✭✭
    I'm sorry, but I don't follow your problem.

There's only one 9-trait crafted set, and yes, that kind of sucks. But that crafted set is pretty much universally considered one of the best, and with the IC update to Mundus Stone numbers to match up with the new level cap, odds are it'll get better, not worse.

Also, who says they WON'T add more craftable sets?

Also also, my fantasy build includes a crafted set, and it's not even a 9-trait set, so saying that crafted gear isn't on par with the super-rare quest drops seems....kinda dumb? Making the top-tier crafted gear objectively stronger the more traits are required to make it makes sense, but the degree of open-endedness this game gives you as far as character builds means that no piece of gear is going to be universally sought after, and that's a good thing. o_o

When you become a Master of Craft, and get no reward except one set come back and read this thread.
    Stats - Highest DPS DK in Tamriel.
    Twitch: IITHEOPII
    Youtube: IITHEOPII
    Twitter: IITHEOPII
  • eNumbra
    eNumbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NGP wrote: »
    And once many ppl can craft the top gears. Devs made some new challenges, so nothing stays forever.

Time sinks aren't challenges, they're time sinks.