Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PVP or PVE?

Ebonheart1111
Ebonheart1111
✭✭✭
Should I be spending most of my time in pvp? Or lvling up to VR in PVE mostly?
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Should you like apples or oranges ?
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Presuming its your intention to PvP rather than PvE endgame .. you should pick a PvP spec and then build it over time in PvE until you get to about lvl 15 and then go to Cyrodil to enjoy being ganked by those with 3000+ CPs, but at least you will get practice dying and running back to battle over 42 billion square miles of dead space
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• HerculesGL
    PvE in my opinion. Otherwise you will spend 20 minutes riding into battle only to be struck down upon arrival within about 1 minute.
    Groups dungeons are great for levelling but it's hard to find a group.
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Should I be spending most of my time in pvp? Or lvling up to VR in PVE mostly?

You "should" do nothing. This isn't work or school and there is nobody telling you what you should do. There are many reasons to buy a game, but most common one is to have fun and relax from the things you "should do". preferable after you have done these things.

So do what you like. Test them both out and play what you like.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Ravens-Sonata
    Ravens-Sonata
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I am PvE - my main char is Vet 7 and I achieved that by doing PvE. Ive been to Cyrodill but primarily trying to do bounties, delves etc. Im not much for the PvP scene.

However as previously stated, its really up to you, your play style etc. I dont like PvP therefore I dont, but there are those that thrive on PvP and dont like PvE.... so everyone has theyy're own playstyles and preferences.

Pick what suits you the best and you will enjoy the game