Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PvP Dragon Knight Please help

Ej_The_Gamer
Ej_The_Gamer
Soul Shriven
I'm fairly new to eso and I want to be a powerful dk Im only lvl 15 right now but I want to know a few things before I really invest my time in this build
1. How would you guys go about making a PvP dk build?
2. Is ok to do 1h and Shield and bow?
3. What would be my best option for healing?
I feel really weak I know I'm only lvl 15 but I feel like I'm at an huge disadvantage being an dk. People are saying it's a really bad class for PvP can anyone give me some tips please.
I want to tank but deal a lot of damage as well
  • Ranmyaku
    Ranmyaku
    Soul Shriven
    I find DK a perfectly acceptable class for PVE, levelled to VR 2 entirely solo without ever any real difficulty. Started raiding with a guild and am naturally the perfect tank.

I think, with my limited PVP experience, you'll find the problem is you can absorb damage and take damage and even recover damage real well..just can't dish it out fast enough compared to full DPS builds that'll smash your self-heals(Draconic Power -> Coagulating blood) and shields. Or so I found.

If anyone wants to throw in on the PVP side, go ahead.

PVE wise; armor buffs, knock downs, self-heals...throw in some AOE and DOT abilities like Sea of Flames and Eruption, and levelling won't be overly difficult.
  • Pompeyfluff
    I want to tank but deal a lot of damage as well

Bad news, this really isn't going to be viable for you.

You need to make a decision. Either go full tank or go full DPS

Both are perfectly viable options for a DK build (i'm a DK tank myself) but you wont be able to combine the two together and make an effective build that works on both PVE and PVP.

Full DPS DK can be very powerful in PVP, lots of good skills on the DK tree to do a large amount of damage, especially to any vampires. If you go full DPS then i would use the 2 hand weapons with maybe bow if you want some range.

For Tanks then DK is great for PVE. Lots of available crowd control skills, taunts and health regen skills available to use, plus (in my opinion) one of the best ultimates around (standard of might).

You can play both versions in PVE or PVP, you just have to be smart about how you play.

Combining the two into one build though will leave you with a build that doesnt really suit either (i tried and found out).