The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

2.1 Patch Note questions.....

WebBull
WebBull
✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone who hasnt read them yet can find them here....forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/200571/pts-patch-notes-v2-1/p1

@ZOS_BrianWheeler...........

- Didn't see any notes on detect pots. Are they going to be nerfed as originally thought?
- Didn't see any notes regarding elimination of buff servers. Are PvP buffs still going to apply in PvE?
- Will PvP vendors sell any VR16 gear for AP. I think I know the answer, just looking for confirmation.

• starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't know about the rest, but it looks like only vendors in IC will sell VR16 for the stones. AP vendors will only go up to VR14.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, I didn't see anything mentioned about not being able to travel to players. Will this still be allowed?
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    Ah yes. Travel to player is disabled in PVP zones and the Campaign buffs only apply within PVP zones. Sorry about that gang! We'll make sure they get into the final live notes! Also PVP Venders will sell gear up to 14 only for update 7.

As for stealth detect pots...I'll ping Wrobel.
    Edited by ZOS_BrianWheeler on July 28, 2015 8:23PM
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Staff Post
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah yes. Travel to player is disabled in PVP zones and the Campaign buffs only apply within PVP zones. Sorry about that gang! We'll make sure they get into the final live notes! Also PVP Venders will sell gear up to 14 only for update 7.

Why make AP worthless for max levels?

I don't need siege and I don't need soul gems. lol

Disabling the grass may improve performance.
  • SturgeHammer
    SturgeHammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    k2blader wrote: »

Yeah, restricting the elite vendors to vet 14 is kinda strange, kinda makes selling that stuff way less lucrative. Maybe the rewards for the worthy rework will make up for that loss. However, I do go through stacks of souls gems extremely quickly, and have a pretty small pvp income. So at least that change might keep more gold in my pockets.
    First-in-Line - Swings-for-Lethal
    Green-Thumb - Scale-Factor
    Hist-Tree-Major - A-Late-One
    Needs-Some-Help - Dead-Last
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    k2blader wrote: »

Yeah, restricting the elite vendors to vet 14 is kinda strange, kinda makes selling that stuff way less lucrative. Maybe the rewards for the worthy rework will make up for that loss. However, I do go through stacks of souls gems extremely quickly, and have a pretty small pvp income. So at least that change might keep more gold in my pockets.

Oh, will rewards for the worthy be better? Right now they are rather useless and totally clog my mail. I get most of my gems through thieving, though if you go through stacks very fast I can understand about the cost.
    Disabling the grass may improve performance.
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I have serious concerns about the v14 only purchases for AP. You guys left the max lvl vendors sold at v12 for the longest time while the real level cap was v14. I don't want to have to wait another 6 months like last time to see that fixed for v16.

My other concern about this is that update 7 is THE pvp update ... and AP is gonna be useless. This seems counter-intuitive, and I'd be worried about whether you guys will actually increase the cap after the next PVE update happens.

Maybe add legendary mats to pvp vendors? We need SOMETHING to spend AP on. Otherwise, I promise, people will just hoard AP even more until the next update and will dump it all then (which is what it sounded like Eric was worried about on the Twitch video).

AP conversion to gear is the main way pvp'ers have enough gold to keep going and buy pots and whatnot. Not very happy about this particular part of the update.
    Edited by Zheg on July 29, 2015 2:04AM
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is pretty much what everyone else has said in the last 6 or so posts:

What do I do with my hard earned AP?! Buy Oils?! But I only have 110 bag slots. I will at that point still have a metric butt-ton of AP. What do I do with the rest of it? Why make the currency itself obsolete?
  • Stikato
    Stikato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This attempt to stop people from using hoarded AP by ZOS is understandable, but ultimately stupid.

Players should have the ability to use their currency to buy items. Otherwise, the hoarding will continue, until players realize that all the gold, AP, Ter Val stones, Cyrodiil Rainbow Crystals, or whatever else ZOS comes up with are ultimately going to be worthless. And no one wants to accumulate worthless currency. It is not enjoyable or rewarding. And the activities that earned that currency become worthless as well.

Mordimus - Stam Sorc
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stikato wrote: »
    This attempt to stop people from using hoarded AP by ZOS is understandable, but ultimately stupid.

Players should have the ability to use their currency to buy items. Otherwise, the hoarding will continue, until players realize that all the gold, AP, Ter Val stones, Cyrodiil Rainbow Crystals, or whatever else ZOS comes up with are ultimately going to be worthless. And no one wants to accumulate worthless currency. It is not enjoyable or rewarding. And the activities that earned that currency become worthless as well.

Agreed. I'll probably have over 5 million AP saved up by the time IC drops, and if there's nothing to spend it on, I'm just not going to spend it. Do they really think I'm going to spend my AP on soul gems for the next few/many months until they up the gear to v16 or add something new worth buying? No, I, and others will just have an even larger amount to dump when the time comes. It's a poorly thought out decision.

It's not like you can get any of the new sets with AP, so I really don't understand what their thought process is here.
    Edited by Zheg on July 29, 2015 12:37PM
  • blabafat
    blabafat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also didn't notice a difference with Toppling Charge...
    *Sigh*
    Fire Cloak - VR12 DK - Nord - EP
    Ámeer - VR15 Templar - Imperial - AD
    The Mágician - VR16 Templar - Imperial DC
    Magíc - VR16 DK - Dark Elf - DC
    Àmeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - DC
    ámeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - AD
    Æ ámeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - EP
    Ameer Flow - Level 34 Nightblade - High Elf - EP

Youtube:
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCFNmXCgmTVo-T-p1BIVLxbQ
  • Rayste
    Rayste
    ✭✭✭
    Zheg wrote: »
    Stikato wrote: »

Agreed. I'll probably have over 5 million AP saved up by the time IC drops, and if there's nothing to spend it on, I'm just not going to spend it. Do they really think I'm going to spend my AP on soul gems for the next few/many months until they up the gear to v16 or add something new worth buying? No, I, and others will just have an even larger amount to dump when the time comes. It's a poorly thought out decision.

It's not like you can get any of the new sets with AP, so I really don't understand what their thought process is here.

Well said. Brian needs to take note of this .....
    The Teach - AD Templar
  • manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You forgot to mention that while you can not travel to player if a member of your group is in a campaign you can right click and hit enter campaign. So basically solo players can't campaign hop, but large groups can.
    - Mojican
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just want to confirm that Shadow Cloak is not immune to detection potions.