The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

"Unable to connect to game server. Please make sure you have a valid internet connection."

WingNutDude
I keep getting this message every time I select my character and hit play. "Unable to connect to game server. Please make sure you have a valid internet connection." I have made my character and am aw to make more but I can't play them. I have an open nat type and I am able to play other games online but i keep getting this message and sent back the the title screen.

Can anyone help me.
  • ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to be sure, have you downloaded today's update? Restarting your console should get the update to start if you haven't, though you'll need to start it manually if you have auto-updates turned off.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Options
    Staff Post
  • WingNutDude
    I have the update but I have Had this problem since before the update. I bought the game at release and I had this problem and then I got a refund for the game. Then I bought it again a couple days ago, hoping the problem would be fixed and it is not.
    Options
  • lord_dal
    lord_dal
    ✭✭✭
    Im having sort of the same problem after the latest update, massive lag, and then "Unable to connect to game server. (NA server)
    Edited by lord_dal on July 28, 2015 10:43PM
    Options
  • Pizza_Magician
    Just keep trying to log in, youll get there eventually.
    Options
  • WingNutDude
    That's what I have been doing and it doesn't work.
    Options
  • benss1225@aim.com
    Logged out about 30 mins ago because of extreme lag. Couldnt fish, couldnt sprint, couldnt mount, couldnt do anything. Also the chat went out. Tried to log back in and got make sure your connected to the internet error. Then tried again and got the connection timed out error. Did a reset and dame thing.
    Options
  • WingNutDude
    At least you can get in the game. I haven't
    been able to play.
    Options
  • benss1225@aim.com
    Yeah just got in. Hopefully its fixed. Also fidnt realize this was the dlc patch
    Options
  • WingNutDude
    I just tried to log in again and I got the same message.
    Options
  • lord_dal
    lord_dal
    ✭✭✭
    I just got dc, and now I cant get back in.. looks like the servers are really stable after the patch lol
    Options
  • WingNutDude
    What does it say when you can't get in?
    Options
  • lord_dal
    lord_dal
    ✭✭✭
    "Unable to connect to game server" same message when I get dc, but Il give up now, and hope it works after I get home from work hehe
    Options
  • Armaitus
    Armaitus
    There's a workaround for that one.

Basically try to connect to the server you don't normally connect to. Once you're in, come back out and connect to your usual server... that somehow flushes your connection and lets you back in.

It's worked for me every time but doesn't stop me disconnecting some time after.
    Options
  • WingNutDude
    I can't connect to either server. The same thing happens on both of them.
    Options
  • ToweringParsley
    ToweringParsley
    Soul Shriven
    I downloaded ESO two days ago and have been getting kicked with the "unable to connect to game server" message about every 10-20 minutes. Yesterday I was able to play for an hour or so uninterrupted but eventually was kicked. It seems like I'm being kicked mostly when the game is trying to load a new area, menu, or dialogue.

Connected via WiFi with an open NAT (all other multiplayer games run smoothly)
    Connecting to the NA server.

I haven't received a prompt to update (not sure if it was included in the download?)

Any help would be appreciated, as this issue is making the game nearly unplayable.
    Edited by ToweringParsley on August 1, 2015 12:11AM
    Options
  • Caspur
    Caspur
    ✭✭✭
    Same thing has been happening to me, over the last few days, on and off. It has happened to me about ten just times today.
    A place where everything and nothing exists, this is my playground.
    Options
  • xpupustainsx
    Ok here is my fix. I found that when the comcast guy opened the ports, he set it to my computers ip. I went in and reset it to the XB1 ip and put in the ipv6 address as well. My nat is open, so good there, my upnp was on. I did have to set my ipv4 security to low and set my ipv6 to custom and only block port 113. I also deleted and reinstalled esotu and reset the gateway. I have now been on for 2 hours with no problems at all. I hope this works for you guys.
    Options
  • Mailman0105
    getting kicked is getting old =P
    Edited by Mailman0105 on August 4, 2015 5:01AM
    Options