Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Regeneration Skill Advice?

IOUAT
IOUAT
✭✭✭
am wondering if i should morph regeneration too rapid regeneration or mutagen? any advice fellow sorcerers? :)
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    are you a primary healer or a dps with an "oh hell" heal button for just in case ?

if its the first, my suggestion would be rapid regen (because you also have steadfast ward), if the second mutagen may be the better option

other dedicated healers may be able to advise better than I (I am a dps sorc with an "oh hell" button)

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/135187/sorcerer-healer-vs-templar-healer-end-game-trials-arena

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/169465/sorcerer-healer-what-resto-skills-are-best

http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/2-0-1eternal-spring-sorcerer-healer/

http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/sorcerer-healing-guide-pve/
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    OzJohnD wrote: »
    are you a primary healer or a dps with an "oh hell" heal button for just in case ?

if its the first, my suggestion would be rapid regen (because you also have steadfast ward), if the second mutagen may be the better option

other dedicated healers may be able to advise better than I (I am a dps sorc with an "oh hell" button)

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/135187/sorcerer-healer-vs-templar-healer-end-game-trials-arena

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/169465/sorcerer-healer-what-resto-skills-are-best

http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/2-0-1eternal-spring-sorcerer-healer/

http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/sorcerer-healing-guide-pve/

whats the difference between a primary healer and a dps with an oh hurll heal button?
  • mklundub17_ESO
    mklundub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think you can go wrong with either one, I prefer mutagen for the >20% removal of a harmful effect more than the bonus heal. I don't remember mutagen having that effect having that effect when I played PC, maybe a 1.6 addition.
    Mass Terror
    PS4 | NA | AD
    v16 Imperial Templar
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh dear sorry my failure to communicate

Are you playing a healer role or a damage role ?

If you are a healer then you mostly heal with maybe a little damage skills

If you are a damage dealer then you might just have a single heal equipped, either for soloing PvE for survivability .. or group PvE if the healer is stunned and in trouble

the first is "primary healer" ... the second is dps with a instant heal equipped for just in case (the "oh hell I'm in trouble" button)
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

• mklundub17_ESO
    mklundub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Also worth noting that Mutagen is currently 'broken' in that the extra heal for dropping below 20% doesn't trigger unless they're already under 20% when you cast it. But like I said, I use the Mutagen morph for an AOE to remove harmful effects + regen instead of a faster regen.
    Mass Terror
    PS4 | NA | AD
    v16 Imperial Templar
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear sorry my failure to communicate

Are you playing a healer role or a damage role ?

If you are a healer then you mostly heal with maybe a little damage skills

If you are a damage dealer then you might just have a single heal equipped, either for soloing PvE for survivability .. or group PvE if the healer is stunned and in trouble

the first is "primary healer" ... the second is dps with a instant heal equipped for just in case (the "oh hell I'm in trouble" button)

I use to be using a resteroarion staff cuz I didn't have destruction staff but I wasn't doing much dmah so I switched to destruction staff but I have regeneration on my skill bar so does that make me healer or dps?
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    First, if you no longer have a restoration staff equipped then having the skill regeneration (a skill from the restoration staff skill line) on your bar is not doing anything for you at the moment. You can't use it without the corresponding restoration staff.

Exception to this: If you are just trying to level up the skill and aren't actually planning on using it right now, having it on your destruction staff skill bar will continue to level of regeneration, but you will be taking up a slot with something that you can't actively use.

Second, having a certain ability (e.g., regeneration) slotted on your skill bar doesn't make you a healer, dps, or tank. That's not how it works. You consider yourself a healer, dps, or tank based on the role you play in group content. If your primary job when in a group is to heal your team mates and prevent them from dying then you're a healer. If your primary job is to do damage to the enemies and take them down as quickly as possible then you're a dps. We can't tell you what role you play in group content. And if you haven't done group content or haven't done it successfully, you might not yet know what role you have/want. Once you know what role you want, you should slot skills that benefit that role.

Roles like dps and healer are not really important when you are doing solo content...You have to do a bit of everything. So you should focus on creating a build that allows you to do enough damage to kill the enemies while still remaining alive.

• OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    if you have a restoration staff skill on your bar, but not wielding a restoration staff, you are just passively leveling the skill, but its greyed out and not usable.

Sounds like you are mainly a damage dealer, focus on that in my opinion.

The healing well that is the first skill of the Undaunted line can be a supplementary heal in groups, and my low level sorcerer finds it useful when soloing harder to kill mobs. You don't need to have a resto staff equipped for that

• IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    Allyhoo811 wrote: »
    First, if you no longer have a restoration staff equipped then having the skill regeneration (a skill from the restoration staff skill line) on your bar is not doing anything for you at the moment. You can't use it without the corresponding restoration staff.

Exception to this: If you are just trying to level up the skill and aren't actually planning on using it right now, having it on your destruction staff skill bar will continue to level of regeneration, but you will be taking up a slot with something that you can't actively use.

Second, having a certain ability (e.g., regeneration) slotted on your skill bar doesn't make you a healer, dps, or tank. That's not how it works. You consider yourself a healer, dps, or tank based on the role you play in group content. If your primary job when in a group is to heal your team mates and prevent them from dying then you're a healer. If your primary job is to do damage to the enemies and take them down as quickly as possible then you're a dps. We can't tell you what role you play in group content. And if you haven't done group content or haven't done it successfully, you might not yet know what role you have/want. Once you know what role you want, you should slot skills that benefit that role.

Roles like dps and healer are not really important when you are doing solo content...You have to do a bit of everything. So you should focus on creating a build that allows you to do enough damage to kill the enemies while still remaining alive.

I still have the restoration staff it's on my second weapon swap and that's where the skill regeneration is...I'm trying to level up the staff so I can use the ability siphon.
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    if you have a restoration staff skill on your bar, but not wielding a restoration staff, you are just passively leveling the skill, but its greyed out and not usable.

Sounds like you are mainly a damage dealer, focus on that in my opinion.

The healing well that is the first skill of the Undaunted line can be a supplementary heal in groups, and my low level sorcerer finds it useful when soloing harder to kill mobs. You don't need to have a resto staff equipped for that

Well I was restoration but I wasn't doing much damage and I died alot so I switch to destruction and put the rest staff on my second bar my regeneration skill is on that bar :O. I'm trying to level both staffs at same time with the skills I like
    I'm trying to get siphon for the resto staff and impulse for the desteucrro sraff