Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Banker and Guild store game freezes since 2.0.14

Pyr0xyrecuprotite
Pyr0xyrecuprotite
✭✭✭✭✭
So I'm at the bank trying to sell off excess loot through one of my traders, and... my game freezes and doesn't recover. This has happened several times recently. Sometimes I get a crash reporter panel, mostly I don't. Interestingly, task manager showed that my Eso.exe*32 climbed from 2.8GB to nearly 2.9GB memory while still unresponsive. Since my Win7x64 system only has 4GB, it gets rather sluggish around this point, and takes a while to kill the zombie app.

I'm no stranger to ESO freezing or crashing on me, typically a few times a week since all the new bugs in 1.6, most often while going around towns (i.e. terminal cases of stutter). However, having it happen while trying to bank or use my guild store is new. Note that I do not use any guild trader addons, although I do have a few others that should not be doing anything to my LUA memory while using a trader. Also, I have a fairly slow ADSL connection (6Mbps/.8 up).

I have at least one guild mate who has reported similar game freezes/crashes recently. Anyone else seeing this issue though?
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    /bug report number 150727-004679. (It's a little hard to report issues like this in-game, when your game just died, but I got around to it eventually).
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else seeing this issue, i.e. Game freeze/crash when using a guild store at the bank? I still get it about 10% of the time when using the guild store, even after doing a recent full reinstall of the game (for other reasons).
    (PC, NA, various characters/factions/bankers).
  • Scarr
    Scarr
    ✭✭✭
    Are you using Lucidlogix MVP? I was having similar issues, I uninstalled it and I've not had a problem since.
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scarr wrote: »
    Are you using Lucidlogix MVP? I was having similar issues, I uninstalled it and I've not had a problem since.
    Nope. Never heard of this.... sorry.
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oooh! From the patch notes for 2.1.4 today:
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Miscellaneous
    General
    • Fixed a number of crashes that could occur while using the guild store.

I'm holding thumbs that this issue will be fixed in the new version! :)