The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Banana Surprise

JumpinJames
My god. For the life of me I cannot find this recipe anywhere. I have searched every nook and cranny of Auridon, Khenarthi's Roost, and Grahtwood. I have checked with every guild trader, every day, for the last 3 weeks. Nothing. Nada. Zilch.

I know these recipes are randomly placed in the world, but does anybody have any suggestions for me? I am an Xbox One player, gamertag: Jumpin James

Best Answers

• Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It exists, I got it as a writ reward a week ago (and put it in a Guild Store). It's rare though. Doing provisioning writs help getting those harder-to-find recipes. Platform should make no difference.
    PC-EU
    Answer ✓
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't make roast chicken for my first writ, cosni can't find the recipe for it, I'm VR level 6 and 1 so not found on two characters across three play throughs
    Answer ✓
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one sells the Crafted Food? You don't have to make it, just turn in something someone else made.

Strange as it is usually the 4 Eyed Grog that is so hard for people to get.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Answer ✓
  • Sir_PappyVW
    I hear ya man. Banana Surprise was just a cruel myth to me for a long time. I searched everywhere, all my guild banks, and every guild trader in the zones I have opened/unlocked for close to two weeks and nothing at all. I would have gladly paid 1-2K for the damn thing. I feel your pain. BUT! I did eventually find it in a leather bag on Khenarthi's Roost, which I know is completely random, but it's a place to start. And cruelly enough, the second (1st level) writ I completed gave me....yep, banana surprise. I'm on PS4 NA so I can't help you directly, but your chances of finding should still be the same regardless of platform. Keep with it man, you will find it. Good luck.
    Answer ✓
  • Antubis
    Antubis
    ✭✭
    What server are you on? I can send you some. Ps4 na

Antubis777
    Answer ✓
  • MakeUcrazY
    MakeUcrazY
    ✭✭✭

Holy crap, I found it! A backpack at one of the Temple's in Kenarthi's Roost had it. I almost didn't believe it at first, but there it was. I probably never would have gone back to KR (because I had searched it so many times) but for your tip, so thanks a million.

Now on to the second writ which includes yet ANOTHER recipe I cannot find: Red Rye Beer.

Damn these provisioning writs!

For about a month of playing I could never complete one provisioning writ; Red-Rye Beer, Banana Surprise, Matze and Baked Potato. I started to question their existence. Now that i have them all, they seem to drop all the time; I picked up my fourth red rye beer over the weekend. If I pick up another I will gladly message you.
    Answer ✓
  • JumpinJames
    The problem is, I can't complete the first Provisioning Writ (Craft Four Eye Grog and Craft Banana Surprise) because I can't find the Banana Surprise recipe. I have tried abandoning the writ but every time I go back to pick up a new writ they give me the same one.

Very, very frustrating.
  • JumpinJames
    I tried looking in the Guild Stores for a "pre-crafted" Banana Surprise but have had no luck.

I didn't realize that the Four Eyed Grog recipe was so hard to come by. I need to find a partner to swap with!
  • JumpinJames
    I hear ya man. Banana Surprise was just a cruel myth to me for a long time. I searched everywhere, all my guild banks, and every guild trader in the zones I have opened/unlocked for close to two weeks and nothing at all. I would have gladly paid 1-2K for the damn thing. I feel your pain. BUT! I did eventually find it in a leather bag on Khenarthi's Roost, which I know is completely random, but it's a place to start. And cruelly enough, the second (1st level) writ I completed gave me....yep, banana surprise. I'm on PS4 NA so I can't help you directly, but your chances of finding should still be the same regardless of platform. Keep with it man, you will find it. Good luck.

Thanks for the tip. At this point I will try any lead I can get, so I will be skulking around Kenarthi's Roost for the next several hours! :smiley:
  • JumpinJames
    Antubis wrote: »
    What server are you on? I can send you some. Ps4 na

Antubis777

Thanks, but I am on Xbox NA. Appreciate the offer, though.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bummer if you were on the PC I would send you a Dozen (only takes 4 bananas for that)
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• AdamskiAlders
    AdamskiAlders
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    No one sells the Crafted Food? You don't have to make it, just turn in something someone else made.

Strange as it is usually the 4 Eyed Grog that is so hard for people to get.

I have been stuck on a writ for ages now for both banana surprise and four eye grog in the same one.
  • Antubis
    Antubis
    ✭✭
    I believe I can make all writs for AD up to 5th tier. Mail me if you need some.

PSN: antubis777 (ps4, na)
  • JumpinJames
    Antubis wrote: »
    I believe I can make all writs for AD up to 5th tier. Mail me if you need some.

PSN: antubis777 (ps4, na)

I appreciate the offer, but I am on Xbox one. Thanks, though.
  • JumpinJames

Holy crap, I found it! A backpack at one of the Temple's in Kenarthi's Roost had it. I almost didn't believe it at first, but there it was. I probably never would have gone back to KR (because I had searched it so many times) but for your tip, so thanks a million.

Now on to the second writ which includes yet ANOTHER recipe I cannot find: Red Rye Beer.

• JumpinJames
    MakeUcrazY wrote: »

For about a month of playing I could never complete one provisioning writ; Red-Rye Beer, Banana Surprise, Matze and Baked Potato. I started to question their existence. Now that i have them all, they seem to drop all the time; I picked up my fourth red rye beer over the weekend. If I pick up another I will gladly message you.

I'd appreciate it. My Gamertag is Jumpin James on Xbox One NA. I would throw a little Gold your way for the trouble as well.

• whyB
    whyB
    ✭✭✭

hahaha, nice. congrats
  • Sir_PappyVW
    JumpinJames,

Glad to hear you found it! Good old Kenarthi's Roost. I was the exact same way, I saw it in a random bag/item list and almost dropped my controller. Finding recipes has become one of the most difficult and frustrating parts of the game for me. But in all fairness I love it, hunting for and finding recipes that you really, really, really, need to finish a writ is always very rewarding. I think I'm pretty close to having ALL the green level recipes, with the occasional blue and purple. Keep up the hunt and good luck!
  • tedccollinsb14_ESO
    tedccollinsb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    The joy of Elder Scrolls is the searching for different things. I have not found that baked potato recipe. Any suggestions.
  • WandaMey
    WandaMey
    ✭✭✭
    The joy of Elder Scrolls is the searching for different things. I have not found that baked potato recipe. Any suggestions.

Idk how in hell you managed to necro a 1 month old topic when this is answered everyday, (as in today too)

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2148762#Comment_2148762
  • jackiemanuel
    jackiemanuel
    ✭✭✭
    I saw it in three different guild stores last night. The cheapest was 12k gold. One guild had three of them at 75k each. lol
    Edited by jackiemanuel on August 26, 2015 2:28PM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I saw it in three different guild stores last night. The cheapest was 12k gold. One guild had three of them at 75k each. lol

What? Wow, I guess I'm losing money. I'm on XB and regularly sell green recipes for 100g each. If they are writ recipes, I sell them for 200g each. I wish that my guild trader was in one of the starter zones, but zone 2 isn't bad, as I can still help out those still trying to complete tier 1 writs.

I suppose I should start putting up the crafted writ foods/drinks for sale and see if they sell.
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Go to newbie island, and start thieving containers that drop recipes. Reload zone when you get too far away from the shrine. Shouldn't take you too long. :)
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

What? Wow, I guess I'm losing money. I'm on XB and regularly sell green recipes for 100g each. If they are writ recipes, I sell them for 200g each. I wish that my guild trader was in one of the starter zones, but zone 2 isn't bad, as I can still help out those still trying to complete tier 1 writs.

I suppose I should start putting up the crafted writ foods/drinks for sale and see if they sell.

I sell green recipes for 300 as standard and they go really quick. Not sure about 12k though lol.
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was running around in Khenarthi's Roost last night waiting out a bounty and killing everything in sight and managed to loot two Banana Surprise Recipes from corpses. Level 5 enemies go down quickly, so you shouldn't have to farm for too long to find one. NOTE: You don't have to start the quest in question. Just head to the docks area where this quest takes place and kill everything in sight.

Quest: The Tempest Unleashed
    Questgiver: Zaeri (after completing The Perils of Diplomacy)
    Level: 5
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • makeumrage
    makeumrage
    ✭✭✭
    I can send you as much as needed. Message me. Makeum Rage, Xbox One, Na. Be happy to help. Believe I have an extra recipe as well but would have to check on that.
  • CavalierKing
    CavalierKing
    ✭✭
    Get somebody to make it for you, then check the writ rewards.
  • Enigmatic
    Enigmatic
    ✭✭✭
    I'm in the same boat, can't find this recipe anywhere and need it for a writ (plus I need to find the grog recipe too)
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    one of the things I regularly try to do is make some of the various recipeis that are so hard to find and sell them for cheap in guild stores. I remember when I was trying to find one of them, and someone said, sure they would make it for me, and then CODed a stack of 10 and wanted to charge something like 700.

I won't do that to anyone.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • TheNephilimCrow
    TheNephilimCrow
    ✭✭✭
    I tried looking in the Guild Stores for a "pre-crafted" Banana Surprise but have had no luck.

I didn't realize that the Four Eyed Grog recipe was so hard to come by. I need to find a partner to swap with!

I can make the Four Eyed Grog for you. Just not Banana Surprise. I haven't found it just yet.
    PSN, Youtube & Twitch: TheNephilimCrow
    [NA] ESO EP Guild (GM): The Order of Crows (PvE) - 300+ Members (Discontinued)
    [NA] ESO AD Guild (GM): The Blades of Ayrenn (PvP) - 45 Members (Actively Recruiting)

|:Veteran Rank:|
    VR16 - AD Breton - S&S/Bow Werewolf Stamina Nightblade - Title "Savage Shadow"
    VR 1 - AD Altmer - DW/Resto Magicka Sorcerer - Title "Spellsword"

|:Non-Veteran:|
    LVL 45 - DC Bosmer - Jack of Trades (Master Provisioning, Blacksmithing, etc.)
    Lvl 22 - AD Breton - Templar - Hybrid Build - PvE - Title "The Holy Knight"
    LVL 21 - AD Imperial - Dragonknight - Tank Build (In Progress)- Title "The Copper Knight"
    Lvl 13 - AD Khajit - DW Magicka Nightblade - Title "Mystical Thief"