The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stability problems? Always cap your FPS or use V-Sync!

CossackHD
CossackHD
✭✭
I've a friend with GTX980. His FPS was at 100 (default highest possible) and the game crashed every few minutes. He capped FPS at 60 and didn't have a single crash in several hours. I always cap my FPS to keep the PC cooler and quieter, so I never had a problem like this. ESO has those strange GPU load spikes (especially at higher FPS) which might be reason to stability problems.

Don' know how to cap your FPS?

Go to C:\Users\Admin\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\liveeu (alternatively liveus?)

Open UserSettings.txt

Find
SET MinFrameTime.2 "0.01"

and set it to

SET MinFrameTime.2 "0.0166"

Now your FPS is capped to 60, no VSYNC.

MinFrameTime means minimal frame time. 1 second / FPS = MinFrameTime. 1/60 = 0.0166

I cap my FPS at 48, so my value is "0.02083333"

Did this help you? Please reply, don't forget to write your FPS value before you capped it.
  • CossackHD
    CossackHD
    ✭✭
    Sorry, forgot to edit the path.
    It's not
    C:\Users\Admin\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\liveeu
    It's
    C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\liveeu
  • cf398ub17_ESO
    cf398ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    thanks