Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 43 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/662078/

Vivec's blessing, Morami

drakaris
drakaris
In the quest in Deshaan where you (I guess this could be considered spoilers) have to cleanse Almalexia's temple and then get Vivec's blessing, I don't understand why (definite SPOILERS ahead) Morami Hlaalu wrote the letter. Unfortunately, even the second time I did this quest, I didn't realize you could question Morami further, but I didn't see anything that indicated she had forged the letter. Even assuming she did, why? What would she gain? Was she trying to bring shame to house Telvanni? How could she predict the blades would be switched? Or did she intend to get the temple worker (Vamen) killed? Sorry, I just seem to be stuck on figuring out her motivation.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First thing to note is that, in general, the Great Houses hate each other. If one House can do something to damage the reputation of another House, and increase their own House's standing in the process, they will do it.

It's a strange quest to judge, but I think it goes something like this:
    Belronen Telvanni was trading in Daedric artifacts, which is heresy. Morami Hlaalu wrote the note in an attempt to discredit Belronen, but directed the blame away from herself by framing Vamen. Belronen and Fenila Redoran conspired to duel Vamen because they thought he sent the note. Fenila poisoned her blade with the poison that Morami sold her, intending that they would kill Vamen. Morami did not intervene, because the duel alone would be enough to discredit Belronen, as duelling in the temple is blasphemy. As an accident of circumstance, Talnus Indoril convinced them to swap weapons, resulting in Vamen killing Belronen with Fenila's blade and Morami's poison.

Vivec rewarded Fenila Redoran for her cunning (in poisoning the blade to kill Vamen), but House Redoran suffered for poisoning a Telvanni. Morami Hlaalu was flayed for her actions (for being the instigator, writing the note, and selling the poison), but House Hlaalu was rewarded for exposing a heretic.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • drakaris
    drakaris
    Thanks! :)

I was very tempted to choose the "Goodbye" option when Vivec told me how he judged them. Actually, I wanted to say, "Sorry, Vivec, I want nothing more to do with you," but that option want available...which is good because I'm sure Vivec would have done something bad to me. Since I wanted to stop the bad guy, I said "I accept this truth," and I was lying. I guess it's a good thing Vivec's avatar can't tell when I'm lying. ;)

I mean, cunning?!
    He rewarded someone for cunning despite her murderous intent. And Morami was more cunning. Felina probably didn't even care about Vamen's corruption, she was just bite that he found out their secret daedric trade and would decrease their profit.
    Ugh.
    Options