Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Looking for some suitable abilities and some assistance needed with allocations for my new build!

21jws10
21jws10
✭✭✭
Ok, so I am planning to make a witchhunter build, the information regarding the idea is here.
Basically they were said to be able to:
  • Conjure creatures to take the beating for them, and conjure armor for themselves.
  • Turn Undead is said to have been heavily used.
  • Dispelling magic users is helpful, I know the dark magic ultimate does this, any other abilities?
  • Destruction, the fire rune in the mages guild could qualify for this, and so could plenty of storm calling ones.
  • Poison Arrows
  • Reflect/Spell Absorption
  • Soul Trap
  • Proficient Alchemists, luckily I like this craft.
What else would you throw in? I would prefer to be imperial for this as it has good survival, not the best magic wise though, but I can deal with that, as this appears to be a hybrid build. I also like the look of daedric curse. Bow is a definite weapon for this, presumably the other is one hand and shield.

Main things I'm lacking knowledge wise at the minute.
  • Attribute Allocations.
  • Armors, I'd presume a mix of medium and light.
  • Other abilities.
Thanks for the assistance, all.
PS4 | EU | falout565 | Looking for PvP group, messsage me, BWB
  • 21jws10
    21jws10
    ✭✭✭
    I'm thinking a 2 Magicka to 1 Health to 2 Stamina ratio, thoughts?
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    21jws10 wrote: »
    I'm thinking a 2 Magicka to 1 Health to 2 Stamina ratio, thoughts?

What do you want to be able to do with this character? Are you looking to create it mainly for RP purposes? Do you mainly solo content with maybe the occasional group dungeon? Or are you looking to make a character who is competitive endgame?

The reason I ask is because with the attribute ratio listed above you are creating a hybrid character, and with the current game meta those aren't very successful endgame. You really want to choose to focus on either stamina or magicka (not both) to have a successful character for high-end content. The reason is because the amount of damage and healing you do scales off your total magicka or stamina depending on the skill in question. Class skills (unless you choose certain morphs for some skills) and the staff skills scale of magicka, while all other weapon skills scale off stamina. If you are splitting your attribute points between magicka and stamina you are severely limiting the damage output of your character. Hope that makes sense, if not there are people on this forum who can explain it much better than I can lol

If you are just looking to solo content and not take things too seriously, almost any build is viable for leveling content.

• 21jws10
    21jws10
    ✭✭✭
    @Allyhoo811 you could say this is pretty much a hybrid build, If i'm correct at quakecon they are introducing some gear to make them more viable, having two resource pools is better than one? Though it might be difficult if i'm not using a staff (due to the heavy attacks restoring Magicka)
  • 21jws10
    21jws10
    ✭✭✭
    Oh and it depends on which the majority of my abilities turn out to be, if they are mostly magicka, I will put more in magicka vice versa with stamina, there could only be four stamina abilities I want to use if I'm correct. Maybe five.
    These are:
    • Poison Arrow
    • Scatter Shot (Maybe)
    • Defensive Posture (Absorb Spell)
    • Maybe the Bound Armaments Morph
  • Atlaz
    Atlaz
    ✭✭
    Sorcerer's best moves are ward and dark exchange.
    Edited by Atlaz on July 26, 2015 10:50PM
    "Bretons are renowned and talented craftsmen, shrewd merchants, gallant cavaliers, and inventive wizards. They can also be proud and quarrelsome."
  • 21jws10
    21jws10
    ✭✭✭
    Are there any mages skills that reflect/absorb?
  • Atlaz
    Atlaz
    ✭✭
    I've wasted plenty of coin respecting and trying out a lot of things.

If you want to tank as a sorcerer:
    Both summons
    Ward
    bound armor
    heavy armor
    negate magic
    dark exchange, magic to stamina

puncture or inner fire for taunting

1 ma, 3 hp, 1 sta
    Used food for hp

Good tank, terrible damage. Not good for soloing. Can't say but Night Blade siphoning might be best for pve.
    "Bretons are renowned and talented craftsmen, shrewd merchants, gallant cavaliers, and inventive wizards. They can also be proud and quarrelsome."
  • 21jws10
    21jws10
    ✭✭✭
    What is the sorc's self heal?
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    21jws10 wrote: »
    What is the sorc's self heal?

a few options ...

http://www.esohead.com/skills/23678-critical-surge

http://www.esohead.com/skills/31383-blood-magic .. via Crystal shard

http://www.esohead.com/skills/24584-dark-exchange ... a channeled self heal

+ protection spells of course

http://tamrieljournal.com/classes/sorcerer/
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend