Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Race, appearance and Alliance change.

99Mile
99Mile
I honestly think that 'Race, appearance and Alliance change' should be implemented into the crown store. I've seen forums WAY back about people complaining about how their character looks. I remember one guy said he messed around the with chest and gut and he didn't noticed any change not until he got half way through the game and he noticed the gut and chest were sticking out and he wanted to change it. I hope in the near future Zenimax Online will add this to the crown store.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That hope is shared by many, I would think from all the threads that pop up about it over the months...

Me among them. Yeah, there are quite a few details that looked all right in chargen, not so great in live game...

Race change I personally see no reason for, until and unless they add additional races. But having the option can only be an advantage - more income for the powers that be, more money in their war chest, means more content for all of us, right?

Alliance change... that one is a bit of a can of worms, juggling questlines and such... in that regard, it would make sense to only add that option after completing cadwells gold. Though it would be great to make that a rewaed for plodding through all of cadwells... like, say, when you finish gold, you get a new quest, with an "faction loyalty being called in question" theme... and in it, you can decide for your character if you either want to stay and prove your loyalty, or defect to another alliance, with a nice questline for either choice... I'd prefer that to just popping it into the crown store (though of course, they could add an costly item to the crown store that retarts that quest for those who want to change again, or change their mind about staying later on...)
  • 99Mile
    99Mile
    You make a very fair points. But you agree with the appearance change? It's rather odd that your character looks find and the way you want him or her to look.

But the second you see that character you created, it looks like nothing you created in the charcter creation menu, and that rather annoy's me.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks change has been confirmed they want to add eventually, whether this will be in game quest/NPC or Crowns is yet to be found out, as well as when we will ever see it.

Race change has been pretty much confirmed as a Crown Store item however they're not rushing to implement it as they want to release it at the time they do a large pass on Racial Passives.

I've never heard their thoughts on Alliance change.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    99Mile wrote: »
    I honestly think that 'Race, appearance and Alliance change' should be implemented into the crown store. I've seen forums WAY back about people complaining about how their character looks. I remember one guy said he messed around the with chest and gut and he didn't noticed any change not until he got half way through the game and he noticed the gut and chest were sticking out and he wanted to change it. I hope in the near future Zenimax Online will add this to the crown store.

That is great idea, I like it!
    But...frankly, race change does not make any sense whatsoever even after taking fantasy setting and magic into account. One could change class (though feudal system in Tamriel likely is not known for social mobility), perhaps gender, but race? Nonsense.
    As for alliance change, true samurai does not change his allegiance like dirty socks!!! Though ZOS sure could add fourth alliance, The Mud, that spineless people who can not make up their mind could swap to.
    Edited by JamilaRaj on July 27, 2015 11:10AM
  • 99Mile
    99Mile
    Okay maybe race change isn't a good idea, I was only thinking that's all. But appearance change is a BIG yes for everyone.
    Edited by 99Mile on July 27, 2015 3:44PM
  • QueenAyrenn
    QueenAyrenn
    ✭✭✭
    There are a lot of people waiting for the option to change appearance. This will be even more emphasized once we start seeing additional customization options for character creation.
    "Except the story about the bear. That one's true."

- Queen Ayrenn
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think when you complete Cadwell's Gold you should be allowed to use the Light of Meridia crystal in the Harborage for an alliance change. But you can only use it once. Once you switch, that's it, that character is permanently a member.
    And ZOS has said an appearance/hair change option is coming... eventually.
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • Firestorm612
    I feel that appearance changing is a MUST, and maybe race too. The majority of people want to be able to have these choices it seems. And it took several characters and class experimenting for me to figure out exactly how everything worked and what I wanted to be. Being able to change those things freely on a character would be great, spice things up a bit for the people who don't like to stick with one thing for a long time, but still keep their character's progress.
  • 99Mile
    99Mile
    I feel that appearance changing is a MUST, and maybe race too. The majority of people want to be able to have these choices it seems. And it took several characters and class experimenting for me to figure out exactly how everything worked and what I wanted to be. Being able to change those things freely on a character would be great, spice things up a bit for the people who don't like to stick with one thing for a long time, but still keep their character's progress.

I lost count how many time's I've made a character and then saw them in live game and look's nothing like my actual character I made. Hopefully at some stage it will be added.
  • Firestorm612

I lost count how many time's I've made a character and then saw them in live game and look's nothing like my actual character I made. Hopefully at some stage it will be added.

Exactly! A lot of people have to feel it out, experiment for awhile to find what they want. And your character being so permanent from the beginning seems to dwarf that style of play. Especially for people just starting out, who don't know the intricacies of everything. Skill and Class wise at least.
  • 99Mile
    99Mile

Exactly! A lot of people have to feel it out, experiment for awhile to find what they want. And your character being so permanent from the beginning seems to dwarf that style of play. Especially for people just starting out, who don't know the intricacies of everything. Skill and Class wise at least.

At one stage I made a great look a like of the witcher. Everything looked perfect I mean everything. But half way through the game at level 15 I noticed the eye's were squinting and funny enough I didn't even touch the eye section in the character creation menu. Just that small detail made my character look absolutely ridiculous and it was highly noticeable.
  • Firestorm612

At one stage I made a great look a like of the witcher. Everything looked perfect I mean everything. But half way through the game at level 15 I noticed the eye's were squinting and funny enough I didn't even touch the eye section in the character creation menu. Just that small detail made my character look absolutely ridiculous and it was highly noticeable.

I was the same way. I started out with a DK, but wanted to try a Templar. Then at about level 13ish I made a NB and stuck with that for awhile too. Then I realized I never tried out the DK's class skills because I didn't know what I was doing then, so I went back to DK and made it look the way I wanted to look finally and have stuck with it ever since. Sometimes it just takes so much experimentation to find what you like, and I find it a bit absurd that character recreation wasn't put in the game from the start. I would've liked to keep all my quest progression on one character while I decided what to be, instead of all the choices for your character being so permanent. I don't know how class changing would work, but I definitely feel that appearance and race changing should be added. Simply for making a character appear exactly the way you want at any given time.
  • 99Mile
    99Mile

I was the same way. I started out with a DK, but wanted to try a Templar. Then at about level 13ish I made a NB and stuck with that for awhile too. Then I realized I never tried out the DK's class skills because I didn't know what I was doing then, so I went back to DK and made it look the way I wanted to look finally and have stuck with it ever since. Sometimes it just takes so much experimentation to find what you like, and I find it a bit absurd that character recreation wasn't put in the game from the start. I would've liked to keep all my quest progression on one character while I decided what to be, instead of all the choices for your character being so permanent. I don't know how class changing would work, but I definitely feel that appearance and race changing should be added. Simply for making a character appear exactly the way you want at any given time.

They should try and do something like they did in Fallout 3, New Vegas and Oblivion were just before you leave the starting area you can go back and re-do your character and skills etc......
  • Firestorm612

They should try and do something like they did in Fallout 3, New Vegas and Oblivion were just before you leave the starting area you can go back and re-do your character and skills etc......

Come to think of it, that's very true. They've done it before, why not now? They could offer a last chance to change your appearance at some milestone, like level 10 when you unlock PvP.
  • 99Mile
    99Mile
    Exactly

Come to think of it, that's very true. They've done it before, why not now? They could offer a last chance to change your appearance at some milestone, like level 10 when you unlock PvP.

Exactly, They should give you a taste up to level 5 or 10 and if you don't like you're class or appearance they should offer you a change. It help SO much.
  • Firestorm612
    Exactly

Exactly, They should give you a taste up to level 5 or 10 and if you don't like you're class or appearance they should offer you a change. It help SO much.

It would definitely prevent you from having to start the game over on multiple characters just looking for a good appearance.
  • 99Mile
    99Mile
    Exactly

It would definitely prevent you from having to start the game over on multiple characters just looking for a good appearance.

At some stage they'll work something out. Hopefully it will be soon.
  • SedoUmbra
    SedoUmbra
    ✭✭✭
    NO! This is stupid!
    Race change = Easy way to boost XP gain.
    Appearance change = Changing adornment or hairstyles is ok but everything else...NO!
    Alliance change = NOOO! This takes the PR out of RPG, and that leaves you with something worse than CoD. The whole point is you fight for your Alliance, and it would be stupid if you could change. So you become a Dominion Hero and change to Daggerfall Covenant. Do you just lose they title or do you become a Dominion Hero that attacks the Dominion? Or do you get the Covenant Hero even though you have done nothing for the Covenant? STUPID IDEA.

Sorry, but there is no other way for me to express the ridiculousness of this idea.
  • 99Mile
    99Mile
    SedoUmbra wrote: »
    NO! This is stupid!
    Appearance change = Changing adornment or hairstyles is ok but everything else...NO!
    Alliance change = NOOO! This takes the PR out of RPG, and that leaves you with something worse than CoD. The whole point is you fight for your Alliance, and it would be stupid if you could change. So you become a Dominion Hero and change to Daggerfall Covenant. Do you just lose they title or do you become a Dominion Hero that attacks the Dominion? Or do you get the Covenant Hero even though you have done nothing for the Covenant? STUPID IDEA.

Sorry, but there is no other way for me to express the ridiculousness of this idea.

If you say so man, if you say so.
  • SilentFox22
    SilentFox22
    ✭✭✭
    **Throws $$ at ZOS to buy crowns for this**

Oh my fekkin' gawds...YES ALREADY!!!!!

Tired of my faction, Tired of my hair.... REFUSE to grind the levels for a new character.
  • SedoUmbra
    SedoUmbra
    ✭✭✭
    NO! This is stupid!

You are only saying that because my points are all valid and you have nothing else to say back.

And I never said you had to agree with me, just giving my honest, and valid, opinion.
  • 99Mile
    99Mile
    NO! This is stupid!

You are only saying that because my points are all valid and you have nothing else to say back.

And I never said you had to agree with me, just giving my honest, and valid, opinion.

I am not saying that cause your points are just valid. I agree with some of you're points and it's your're opinion and I 100% respect that. It's how you approached it. I'm pretty sure your a nice guy of course it's the way you typed that threw me off so I just typed what I typed. I mean no disrespect at all.
    Edited by 99Mile on July 27, 2015 8:10PM
  • SilentFox22
    SilentFox22
    ✭✭✭
    NO! This is stupid!

Seriously? The vet levels (where you do other faction anyways) invalidates your alliance change reasoning. How is race change an easy way to boost XP gain...fekk, you can just get XP boosters from crown store currently. Appearance change? The Face Sculptor has to earn her coin somehow. XD
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JamilaRaj wrote: »
    But...frankly, race change does not make any sense whatsoever even after taking fantasy setting and magic into account. One could change class (though feudal system in Tamriel likely is not known for social mobility), perhaps gender, but race? Nonsense.
    As for alliance change, true samurai does not change his allegiance like dirty socks!!! Though ZOS sure could add fourth alliance, The Mud, that spineless people who can not make up their mind could swap to.
    Race change? Play the quests in greenshade, you will find a dunmer there who if you pay attention changes his race to argonian (trying for khajiit, but getting the alchemy wrong...). So there IS an lore-conform precedent. In the game. Thus all "this is stupid" arguments are kinda invalid... (note to people: make "I don't like it" arguments instead...)

Alliance change? Auridion, one quest involved a covenant defector and foiling an DC attempt to grab him and his wife back. There are also several other people outside their "racial" alliance scattered throughout tamriel... heck, in a way every imperial character is a defector from the scattered old empire... That stated... I say again, IF alliance change was ever added, it really shouldn't be a "pay, pop over to new alliance" thing, but combined with a "defection" questline. I also -would- enjoy to see any alliance change they could add coming with a permanent disadvantage. Like, say, only earning half AP through PvP, since noone fully trusts a "traitor", even if they betrayed "their" people in "your" favor...
    ^THIS^
    And they said they are working on it... so it will come. Soon. -ish.
    I would spend sooo many crowns on this... a lot of my characters have small details that looked all right in chargen, but not so good in live game... and it vexes me every time I play them.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's another one of those "we're working on it" things. But it is something that should be in there sooner, not later.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • miked83b14_ESO
    miked83b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    NO! This is stupid!

Only thing ridiculous is a class change. Full appearance change, race change and even an alliance change is not ridiculous what so ever. This is an MMO. People invest a lot of time and money into games of this genre and to not have these options is simply absurd. People want to have the option to pay to change their alliance because their friends are on a certain side, change their race because they respec their character and a more viable race suits their new build or change their character's appearance because they've lost their passion to play them due to their looks. Just because these changes break realism is simply not a strong enough argument. MMO's are games played for many years with the same characters you created from the very beginning. These characters are constantly changing and evolving and these paid services are required in order to ensure your longevity and satisfaction with these characters.
  • 99Mile
    99Mile
    NO! This is stupid!

Only thing ridiculous is a class change. Full appearance change, race change and even an alliance change is not ridiculous what so ever. This is an MMO. People invest a lot of time and money into games of this genre and to not have these options is simply absurd. People want to have the option to pay to change their alliance because their friends are on a certain side, change their race because they respec their character and a more viable race suits their new build or change their character's appearance because they've lost their passion to play them due to their looks. Just because these changes break realism is simply not a strong enough argument. MMO's are games played for many years with the same characters you created from the very beginning. These characters are constantly changing and evolving and these paid services are required in order to ensure your longevity and satisfaction with these characters.
    Yeah, maybe the class change was a bit silly. But other than that I hope race, alliance and appearance change happens.
  • KiraTsukasa
    KiraTsukasa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with appearance change ONLY if it operates as it does in Skyrim. Can't change race or gender, and for ESO, can't change class and ESPECIALLY can't change faction. Switching factions can be taken advantage of far too easily, and yes, people WILL take advantage of it.
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Gina's own words, she's said that they're working on various options, including some of these to add to the Crown Store.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • ItsRejectz
    ItsRejectz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think when you complete Cadwell's Gold you should be allowed to use the Light of Meridia crystal in the Harborage for an alliance change. But you can only use it once. Once you switch, that's it, that character is permanently a member.
    And ZOS has said an appearance/hair change option is coming... eventually.

Personally think this is an awesome idea
    Xbox EU - GT: o69 Woody 69o

VR16 Sorc: Vlad V Impaler
    VR16 Sorc: Yes it's Woody
    VR16 NB: Prince of Wallachia
    VR16 Templar: Sir Lancelot the Brave
    VR16 DK: I'm Better Than You