Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Details on how dungeon scaling works? (repost)

Achromatis
(reposting my question from dungeon forum)

I know the creatures in the dungeon scale to the level of the party leader but that's about all I know.

What about loot and the rest of the group if they're 5+ levels higher? If I'm level 30 and a friend is level 15, is there any point for me to run a level 15 dungeon with him (not that I need a reason)?
  • SilverMERK
    If the dungeon is scaled to a level lower than you you will only recieve loot of the lower level. So you running with your lvl 15 friend you will only receive level 15 loot. However if you run it t level 30 you will get level 30 loot but your friend will receive loot equivalent to his level.
  • Achromatis
    But would my friends stats get scaled up to match the dungeon in that case?
  • SilverMERK
    No they would not. Thats the drawback.
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SilverMERK wrote: »
    If the dungeon is scaled to a level lower than you you will only recieve loot of the lower level. So you running with your lvl 15 friend you will only receive level 15 loot. However if you run it t level 30 you will get level 30 loot but your friend will receive loot equivalent to his level.

If you run a level 15 dungeon with a level 30 character, you won't receive any loot or XP.
    You only get those when the content is within 5 levels of you character level.
    Wololo.
  • Achromatis
    That's unfortunate. So there isn't any point to playing with friends unless you're the same level.
  • SilverMERK
    once you hit veteran dungeons that problem goes away. Im vr 14 and i can run with my vr2 friends and still get loot and minimal xp
  • Achromatis
    Well that's something anyway. A few friends and I played Guild Wars 2 together and the dungeons just scale you down but you get rewards appropriate to your level. A couple of them picked up ESO on sale and I started playing again but we all play and level at different rates, and it's pretty offputting to know we can't all just play together whenever.

I guess there's Cyrodiil? Until someone hits VR from my understanding of it. Only one of us (not me) has any interest in MMO PvP though.