The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Werewolf and vampire bite bug

PAinKiLLa777
PAinKiLLa777
Soul Shriven
When trying to bite a friend I & others are getting people jumping in front of us to steal the bite. Anyhow I have a possible solution, would it at all be possible to change the system so the person you want to bite has to be in you're group?

Doing this would stop opportunist.
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    that is NOT a bug

vampire_bug_photosculpture-re70f7a1bdaf54ce7a88bf6b86b82dee2_x7saj_8byvr_324.jpg
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• PAinKiLLa777
    PAinKiLLa777
    Soul Shriven
    I doubt very much they intended people to steal bites so I disagree.
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    I doubt very much they intended people to steal bites so I disagree.

Having spent a bit of time at the vamp shrine observing the variety of human behaviour I would have to say there are players trying to interpose themselves between to steal a bite. Whether ZO should be responsible for game design to prevent this is another matter.

Edited by OzJohnD on July 27, 2015 4:58AM
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

• StormPoet
    StormPoet
    Suggestion... form a group and go into the starting area of one of the dungeons. There is almost always a safe zone where you come in and that is instanced so that nobody else can come in who isn't part of the group.
    Edited by StormPoet on July 27, 2015 4:58AM
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    StormPoet wrote: »
    Suggestion... form a group and go into the starting area of one of the dungeons. There is almost always a safe zone where you come in and that is instanced so that nobody else can come in who isn't part of the group.

won't work - the bite has to be at the shrine which is a public zone

I have never had one of my bites stolen but I am also very careful to position my "victim" correctly where a steal is less likely and more obvious if its going to occur

• Paradoxia
    Paradoxia
    F2Ps attract the filth of humanity. If something this minor has you upset, you are in for a rage-inducing ride.
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Try going to the shrines in higher level areas (requires lvl 45 and the completion of a certain quest line) or bite him at a time when less players are online.
  • hereiamhereibe2
    Paradoxia wrote: »
    F2Ps attract the filth of humanity. If something this minor has you upset, you are in for a rage-inducing ride.

What game are you playing? Eso is Buy 2 play (B2P).
  • KamikazeTMX
    and you need a extra internet payment to play online.... :)
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Try going to the shrines in higher level areas (requires lvl 45 and the completion of a certain quest line) or bite him at a time when less players are online.

there is only ONE faction shrine that will work, and yes its in the 40+ zone .. and it is almost always crowded by the less savory members of the community

still be surprised, some nice people occasionally visit

• lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OzJohnD wrote: »

there is only ONE faction shrine that will work, and yes its in the 40+ zone .. and it is almost always crowded by the less savory members of the community

still be surprised, some nice people occasionally visit
    There are three shrines. One to which you have access right from the start, one that requires you to be lvl 45 and
    kill Molag Bal
    and a third one where you get access after
    finishing Cadwell's silver
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    oooh fascinating .. always thought it was only the lvl 40 zone for your own faction that was the only place for a shrine to be bitten at
    ie. the other factions accessed in Cadwell's silver and gold actually don't work
    Edited by OzJohnD on July 28, 2015 5:42AM