Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Grim Situation

Hittmanpittman17
Hittmanpittman17
Soul Shriven
So I finally completed the mission: The Prisoner of Jathsogur (after about 3 weeks and no thanks to ESO) and I advanced to the next quest which was taking the Silvernar city back, I did that then got The next quest from a cat that was downstairs in the tree (can't remember his name) went to reapers March just outside Fort Grimwatch the completed the quest just by talking to a ranger wood elf. I continued talking to this dude trying to get the next part of the quest which was suppose to be Grim Situation, i heard him say fallow me but I was on my phone and didn't see which way he went when I looked back up at the screen I was just going to fallow the arrow, I can't really say for certain that I started the quest because I honestly don't remember if the words appeared at the top of the screen in Big Bold White Letters or if the Quest just disappeared from my journal all I know is I can't find the quest in my journal to restart it and can't find The Woodelf ranger outside the fort where he was at when I first saw him. I looked up the walk through for it and figured out where he went and I went there myself but couldn't get through the tree house door. It doesn't even give me an option to press a button. Anyone having the same problem? Or has someone figured out how to make that Ranger reappear? Any information would be useful.

I've played a good bit of games but this one takes the cake for having bugs.
  • Lilarna
    Lilarna
    ✭✭✭
    Damn elves, they're totally unreliable !!!
    Edited by Lilarna on July 26, 2015 6:29PM
    Housing contest: Gold Road Visions. https://discord.gg/us8aU9xQgx
    Lilarna - Wabbajack EU campaign nostalgic
    My Twitch Channel at LiLandChill: https://www.twitch.tv/lilandchill
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just to be certain. If you got stuck on the prisoner quest, you often got the advice to proceed into reapers march and skip the end of the main questline in malabal tor.

Grim situations is the first quest of the main questline in Reapers march. You did NOT need the prisoner-quest to activate it and do it. The questgiver will always give it. That path will make "the dark mane" seem like a dead end. So maybe you've allready done it??

You can check this by looking at fort grimwatch on the map. is the tower-icon white or black?? if it is white you've allready done it.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Hittmanpittman17
    Hittmanpittman17
    Soul Shriven
    Alright so I kind of figured it out, when I was doing the Quest the Prisoner of Jathsougur (and having a horrible time with it might I add) I did get frustrated with it and told myself i would come back and finish it later when it was patched, then I came here and saw that I could continue on into reapers March without finishing that quest and that's what I did. When I first arrived I did save Vinedusk village right off the bat and then just bypassed Fort Grimwatch because there weren't any arrows popping up in that area so I went straight to Arenthia and started there. I ended up doing I think two quest there and am now currently on "Stonefire Machinations" towards the end where I've got to kill Mane Akkhuz- Ri. So it turns out I've skipped like 3 or so quest lines but it says i completed them when I know i haven't. Last night I did actually see an arrow on my hud and it took me to a clearing where I talked to a Khajit woman and it gave me the option of saying something like I was a moon walker and then the first mane came in his ghostly form and said I must stop Akkhus-ri who for me is currently in the city of Arenthia in reapers March which is the quest Stonefire Machinations for the Deminon. I have to give it credit this malfunction/error/bug whatever it is did kind of work itself out for me.
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    So it turns out I've skipped like 3 or so quest lines but it says i completed them when I know i haven't.

How do you know it say you have completed it??

Does the icon on the map looks like this??
    ON-mapicon-Keep.png

If so it is completed and it doesn't automatically complete it. So you did not bypass form Grimwatch and did the two quests there.

but anyways....glad it got resolved for you and you got the thread again to finish the rest of the story.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU