Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Werewolf

pablomm128
pablomm128
Soul Shriven
How do i know i have Been bitten by a werewolf
  • Artfuldodger
    Artfuldodger
    ✭✭✭
    If you are bitten at a shrine you will see a portal open, if bitten at a spawn site you should, correct me if im wrong some one, see a quest in your journal. Have a look at your skills you will see Werewolf if you have been bitten.
    Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
    -Johnny Depp
  • Rokiisun
    Rokiisun
    ✭✭
    If you are botten at the shrine by another player, your character falls to the ground, turns into a skeleton and a portal will open at the shrine. You have to beat the designated boss/biggest tribute (troll, snake... Each is different) inside the portal to get the achievement and become a warewolf. It becomes another ultimate ability to use in your slot afterwards.
    Three things cannot long be hidden: the sun, the moon and the truth.

High elf, Veteran rank 3, Dragon knight, AD, PS4, EU.
  • ForgottenHeretic
    Look in the character section, it should say sanies lupinus if you have been bitten by either player or npc and have a timer on it
  • Artfuldodger
    Artfuldodger
    ✭✭✭
    Rokiisun wrote: »
    If you are botten at the shrine by another player, your character falls to the ground, turns into a skeleton and a portal will open at the shrine. You have to beat the designated boss/biggest tribute (troll, snake... Each is different) inside the portal to get the achievement and become a warewolf. It becomes another ultimate ability to use in your slot afterwards.

All very true, except you don't turn into a Skeleton, well not that I have ever seen.
    Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
    -Johnny Depp
  • Sandshark95
    Sandshark95
    ✭✭✭
    Having three Werewolves myself, I can confirm that no skeletons are involved. When bitten by another player, you are tackled to the ground and chewed on a bit, but stand right back up. You then read a scroll at the shrine and a portal opens to the quest.

As mentioned, if you have contracted the disease for Lycanthropy (Werewolfism), it will be listed under Active Effects in your Character menu. You have seven days to complete the quest to acquire the Werewolf skill tree before you will have to reacquire the disease.
  • Rokiisun
    Rokiisun
    ✭✭
    I turned into a skeleton just before entering the portal and saw the same with another player. I'm in the aldemeri dominion, so maybe it's different for daggerfalls and ebonhearts?

I completed the quest, but still had the disease for the warewolf skill counting down. Unless I have missed something?
    Three things cannot long be hidden: the sun, the moon and the truth.

High elf, Veteran rank 3, Dragon knight, AD, PS4, EU.
  • ForgottenHeretic
    The timer remaining is normal
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rokiisun wrote: »
    I turned into a skeleton just before entering the portal and saw the same with another player. I'm in the aldemeri dominion, so maybe it's different for daggerfalls and ebonhearts?

I completed the quest, but still had the disease for the warewolf skill counting down. Unless I have missed something?
    The counter is normal, and when you raise your level high enough, it counts down how much time is left until you can bite someone else.

• Artfuldodger
    Artfuldodger
    ✭✭✭
    The timer remaining is normal

Agree. Once it runs out you will still have WW
    -Johnny Depp