Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dread Vullian - VR4 and can't find where this starts!

gulbane
gulbane
I have searched for literally three hours and I absolutely cannot find a quest giver for this quest. I am working on Cadwell's silver, and doing the quests in order as they appear in the journal. I've gotten to this quest, and unlike all the rest, I simply can't find where it starts. I have read that the quest giver appears Southeast by the fork in the road, but there is nobody they are providing that quest. Please help! Thank you!
  • gulbane
    gulbane
    And PS: There is no question Circle or anything for this area. As I mentioned, I am simply doing all the Cadwell silver quests in order. This seems to be the first time that I wasn't pointed to the correct quest giver by the previous quest.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These quests are a bit out-of-order between the Almanac and the order you are led to them. In the Almanac, you get
    • Dread Vullain
    • Verrant Morass
    • Driladan Pass

Whereas the in-game order is
    • Driladan Pass
    • Dread Vullain
    • Verrant Morass
    If you have done the quests at Seaside Sanctuary, make sure you complete Report to Marbruk afterwards, as that may also be delaying the other quests.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • gulbane
    gulbane
    Thank you so much!

Here's the new issue: so I headed to Driladan Pass and noticed I had a quest in my log called "Breaking the Ward", which involves speaking to an NPC named "Bodring". The big map shows where he is. Upon arriving there is no arrow above Bodrinhs noggin and he says something that thank goodness I have arrived and that Indaenir said something about me coming. Nothing further!

As far as Cadwells Silver, I have completed everything in Greenshade except: Dead Vullain, Driladan Pass, and Hectahame.

I assume I somehow need to advance the Breaking the ward quest by speaking with Bodring, but it seems I can't. Or does Driladan start someplace else?

Argh!! Thank you!!
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breaking the Ward is bugged. Do you also have Shades of Green? It shouldn't be possible for Breaking the Ward and Shades of Green to both exist in the Journal together. Abandoning them both (or at least Breaking the Ward) should make Bodring work again. (If it doesn't immediately, try logging off for 15 minutes after abandoning Breaking the Ward, and then see.)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • gulbane
    gulbane
    Enodoc,

Thank you! This work perfectly!

I deleted the quest, went back to the initial town, and Nora was standing there ready to speak to me!