Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Coldharbour Issues...

Princess_Zoe
Hi all,

I recently got to coldharbour in my playthrough and I am having problems with the Army of Meridia quest.

I have spoken to the groundswoman lady in the hollow city and have activated the quest, but no markers show on the map for where I am supposed to go...

I tried logging out and back in again and abandoning the quest and restarting it by meeting the lady again but it is always the same thing - the quest becomes active but there are no markers showing where I should go.

In the mean time I have been wondering around coldharbour doing side quests hoping the Army of Meridia quest will fix itself but after a few side quests it still hasn't fixed itself :neutral:

Also, whenever I complete the side quests in coldharbour, they don't disappear from my active quests lists and I have to log out and back in to get rid of them, the whole area is acting weird :neutral:

Any help for how I can complete the Army of Meridia quest would be much appreciated !
  • Weide
    Weide
    you just have to explore!

first go to the west aerea. Do all the quests there until you free the king.
    After this you can go to east and make the quests there until you free the chief of the Mage guilde.
  • Fruitmass
    Fruitmass
    ✭✭✭✭
    The army of Meridia quest is a little weird. In order to clear the first part of that quest you'll need to clear two other quests. One at the Lightless Oubliette and the other at The Black Forge.
    Beware all ye who log on for here there be typos...
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    As @Weide said, you complete the Army of Meridia by completing the side quests around Cold Harbor. Each time you complete a quest hub, the people you rescue will return to the Hollow City and a new area of the city will open up to you.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not broken, you just have to explore and do the quest hubs you need to complete in order to meet the requirements of the Army of Meridia quest. The whole point of the quest is that you're supposed to rescue the Ayleid king and Vanus (and they could give you quest markers for those mandatory steps), but you're also supposed to repopulate the Hollow City in order to make the assault on Molag Bal easier. If there were quest markers for all of those optional steps of gathering people to repopulate the city, then every quest hub in lower Coldharbour would have a quest marker on it.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Princess_Zoe
    Thanks everyone for the help! Much appreciated :)
  • FelixTheCatt
    FelixTheCatt
    ✭✭✭
    Holy crap was this a tough quest line! At least at my level it sure as heck was. Particularly The Black Forge. A mouse fart aggro's everything in there. I think that was harder than The Final Assault.
    Xbox - Kuchini07
    Eso - FaCoffinDye (EP)