Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Going back to do Undaunted

ontheleftcoast
ontheleftcoast
✭✭✭✭✭
Face it, the LFG tool blows, we all know it. And trying to complete the mainline quests (all the way thru Cadwell's Gold) as quickly as possible meant I wasn't going to sit around for an hour trying to find a group to do the various Undaunted dungeons in zone chat.

So what will happen with dungeon scaling if I go back to complete these? If I join a party of level 20 characters trying to take on Elden Hollow will I scale down to their level or will they all scale up to mine? Because that won't work very well since they won't have the skills unlocked you need to play at that level. Does that mean I'm just screwed at this point and can't do the Undaunted quests?
Edited by ontheleftcoast on July 25, 2015 4:21AM
  • Sandshark95
    Sandshark95
    ✭✭✭
    @ontheleftcoast Dungeons scale to group leader's level. If you're the leader when you enter the dungeon, everything should be your level. If someone else is leader upon entering, the instance scales to them. You can still pick up and complete dungeon quests even if you're a significantly higher level than your groupmates. Just have one of the lower levels be the group leader, enter the dungeon, and you can plow through it for them. You won't receive any drops from bosses, but you will be able to turn in the quest at the end (you still receive the quest rewards, just no drops). I've done this for lower level friends, carrying them through dungeons I've never completed before, and I though I received no loot drops, I was still able to pick up the quest at the beginning, progress it as we moved along, and complete it at the end.