Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sorcerer: Wolf, Bat or Neither

Kurimugann
Kurimugann
✭✭✭
My build as it stands now, is kind of inspired from The Daedric Master. Only I heal more than tank and to speed things up sometimes I electrocute as well. So far I've done much better with this Magika based toon than with my Stamina melee ones (PvE only, I'd only go to Cyrodil for shards and I dare not to do that alone)

Now that I'm in the lvl 40ish area of the Dominion faction, I can think of my kitty's (I can't risk misspelling her race's name) next set of teeth, Vampire canines, Werewolf fangs or stick to my current Senche-ish teeth...
  • Sandshark95
    Sandshark95
    ✭✭✭
    If you're a magicka based build, then you don't really stand to benefit too much from going Werewolf. Going Vampire will benefit you in the magicka department, but there are some drawbacks to consider; fire really, really hurts (though it won't hurt as much after a coming update that reduces the fire damage taken by vamps). There's also your role to consider; personally, I think DPSs have an easier time getting away with going Vampire, as that extra fire damage taken plus the slow health regeneration can prove more detrimental to Tanks and Healers. That said, if you can compensate for the negatives, then Vampire is certainly viable regardless. You can cure yourself of both diseases at any time, so there's no harm in trying either of them out. Do what you think will fit your build and character. I have six characters, most have tended towards the supernatural: 3 Werewolves, 2 Vampires, and 1 neutral. The neutral one would probably go Vamp if not for the drastic appearance changes and the fire damage (the fire not so much, if I wasn't a Healer on that alt).
  • Sandshark95
    Sandshark95
    ✭✭✭
    On a side note, the teeth visuals for both WW and Vampire either aren't particularly noticeable--I haven't noted any change, honestly, in both cases--or are nonexistent. Of course, in regards to WW, I'm referring to the visuals (or lack-thereof) in human form.

Also, for future reference, the correct spelling of your "kitty's" race is Khajiit. :) Just remember: cats have two "i"s (get it? Two "eyes", and two letter "i"s in the name. Yeah, really corny. Took me all of two seconds to come up with it XD).
  • Kurimugann
    Kurimugann
    ✭✭✭
    Curing it is not really the issue, but getting infected in the first place, I see a lot of Werewolves, but not that many Vampires, though I guess it is because they are more discrete in look unless really hungry.

I only did a single dungeon run and I was apparently the healer (I had no feedback from the team so I do not even know if I did ok or not), I highly doubt my current build would work in vet dungeons, I guess I am not hardcore enough to stick to precise builds (does not sound fun to do in a game with all that build freedom anyway)

Anyway thanks for taking some of your time to give me advices to think about.

• Sandshark95
    Sandshark95
    ✭✭✭
    No problem.

And yes, it's a pain trying to get a Vampire bite. Yesterday, I turned two of my alts into Werewolves; the bite was offered to me within about 2-3 minutes of arriving at the shrine on both occasions. I paid 3k for one and tipped 1k for the other one which was given for free. Then I proceeded to level WW from zero to 10 within an hour of receiving the bite. :)

Today, I turned another alt into a Vampire. With some negotiating and least an hour of standing at the shrine listening to children swear at each other over bites and money, I was finally bitten for the "cheap" price of 7500. My other vampire alt did happen to receive an extremely rare free bite, but only after being scammed once and standing at the shrine for literally 2 hours. The difference between the WW and Vampire shrine atmosphere and communities is night and day. :/ Never actually seen the NPCs that can infect you; I just assume they're all dead (because they most likely are), killed by players desperately attempting to control the market. There's virtually no downside to becoming a WW while there's multiple disadvantages for Vamps, which is probably the main contributing factor in why Vampire bites are so rare/hard to get. That, and it takes ages to level Vamp where WW takes very little time to max--there are fewer vampires with the ability to bite others than WEs with said ability.

I don't know, I think "hardcore" could also be defined as having the courage to break the mold and experiment with different set-ups. I agree; adhering strictly to a 'proven' build doesn't make for a great deal of fun. Don't get too discouraged. You made it through the dungeon, right? You can't be that bad, and no feedback I suppose is better than bad feedback.
  • Atlaz
    Atlaz
    ✭✭
    I never bothered.

Sorc Tank: Summon ward + summon creatures
    Sorc restore: Dark exchange spam
    Sorc destruction: Surge
    Sorc melee: Surge

Not complicated. Should've made a high elf instead of a stupid breton though. More damage, more recovery and more magic in total plus the makers favor AD above all with that cracked wood cave location, nfering all exp in game except for that one location.

They'll probably nerf sorc if there isn't anyone here to tell others how to make good other classes though.
    "Bretons are renowned and talented craftsmen, shrewd merchants, gallant cavaliers, and inventive wizards. They can also be proud and quarrelsome."
  • Kurimugann
    Kurimugann
    ✭✭✭
    One advantage I'd have going WW instead of Vamp would be the Dark Exchange "fuel" filling up faster, plus Stamina is used for dodging, stealth, blocking, running and breaking up from crowd control. I do have a preference for WW over vampires in general (outside ESO)

On the other hand I use Magic, so extra Magic restoration speed is also needed. (they call it Magic in french...)

Though I guess sets and enchantments also can affect those, and fire resistance too. Now if I would not be so focused on that Bugged quest in Malabor Tor, I'd move on more easily to that map with the shrines.

I do not choose the race based on whatever I'm trying to do, I just like Argonians, Khajiits and Orcs so I make those even if their class and build end up not fitting at all.
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Only reason to go vamp is if you want the ultimate bat swarm, which is really only going to be useful if you play in groups. You should have enough magicka regen that the extra magicka regen coming from vampire passives won't be necessary. Contrary to what someone else said, you would benefit from werewolf even if you never turned into one. You might not have tons of stam regen to begin with, but the completely free extra 15% will never hurt you since the werewolf weaknesses only apply when you are in the werewolf form.

rip decibel
  • Kurimugann
    Kurimugann
    ✭✭✭
    well...I got the ww bite, luckily, but I can't kill the prey Hircine wants so I'm stuck x_x Why did they give me a Wamasu!? did they make the quest harder or am I just...I can just pounce and roar I can't even roll away!

After a rest they gave me a mammoth instead and I was able to complete the quest. never though holding the attack button would actually work
    Edited by Kurimugann on July 25, 2015 8:23PM