Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What to Trade?

BabeestorGor
BabeestorGor
✭✭✭✭
Posted this in General Help first, probably the wrong forum.

Just joined a trading guild, first one.
My characters have acquired lots of stuff, most of it useless to me atm.
Is it useful to the guild if I offload stuff like provisioning ingredients I don't have recipes for? Sanded maple, rawhide, iron ingots etc
What about glyphs I make but have no use for during research? Its not worth my deconstructing them. Should I sell them or gift them?
Basically any advice ? I'd like to be a useful member of the guild, clear some bank slots and make some money but have no idea what others will find useful/valuable.
Speaking as somebody running a couple of fairly low level characters (12 & 10).
Babeester Gor is the Axe Goddess, the Implacable Anger, the Avenging Daughter and the Earth Guardian.
Vriddi gra-Yildnarz, Dragonknight and Smith
Myrvanwe, Sorcerer and Enchanter
Tsajirra, Nightblade and Clothier
Vilvyni Indarys, Dragonknight and Woodworker
Arielle Alouette, Templar and Provisioner
Fishes in Troubled Waters, Nightblade and Alchemist
Shanika Some Long Title I'd Change If I Could, Templar and Aspirant Jeweller
Pippi Longhorn, Nightblade, Ne'er-do-well, and "Tribute" character
EU PC.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The console market might have some differences, but here is what sells the most often for me on the PC

1. Crafting Materials (although I only sell my Green Tempers, never anything else and I never sell Alchemy reagents as they are so time consuming to gather)
    2. Traited Items for Research
    3. Recipes
    4. Dropped Set items when they are listed cheaply
    5. Purple VR Ranked Foods

That's about it. I have had some success selling Glyphs that I have made, but not as much as you would think. Especially as you get more Inspiration breaking down looted Glyphs than you do glyphs another player made. I sell Ingredients at decent clip, but this is just excess from the crafting writs I do.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Sandshark95
    Sandshark95
    ✭✭✭
    At low-levels, you likely haven't acquired anything particularly valuable to other players. Still, it really depends on the item. The glyphs probably aren't worth selling, but crafting materials (even base materials like iron) can be quite valuable. Everyone needs crafting materials. Provisioning ingredients are less desirable than the recipes themselves. Also, any motifs (rare, blue and purple in color) are considered very good items to sell for decent profits. Armor and weapons with "rare" (relative term, differs according to player and item; you come to learn what's considered rare over time) researchable traits on them should sell as well.

My advice? Don't start listing everything in your inventory right away. Spend some time simply browsing through your Guild Store (and public Guild Traders, too) to learn what items are popular and what they typically sell for. AddItionally, if you go to the Social tab in your menu, click on your Guild, go to History, and scroll down to Sales, you can see what your fellow guildmates have sold in the past. When you do go to list items, first browse your store in the category of the item you want to sell to see if that item or a similar one is already listed. Determine a reasonable price and list it. You want to profit, so don't undercut any competition by too much, but also be fair in your pricing. Interact with other members, ask them questions. And don't forget to be a buyer as well as a seller; if you see something you like/need in the store, buy it. The Guild profits from any purchases made.

Hope that helps. I'm sure you'll be a good addition to your Guild. :)
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Of the things listed, I think most stuff is selling. Any trading guild is happy if you are selling. Some want you to trade expensive stuff, but as they accepted you with those questions (and at your level), you are likely ok.

There are two important things to keep in mind.
    1: Sell what you don't need.
    2: don't treat your 30 slots as a garbage bin.

They might seem to contradict eachother, but both are true and you need to find a balance.

so a few reactions to your potential offers...

"What about glyphs I make but have no use for during research? Its not worth my deconstructing them. Should I sell them or gift them?"

Your saying you make them, but you have no use for them during research. you don't need to research glyphs at all. Making a glyph for the first time gives additional crafting xp, but there is no need for research. As for selling them...White glyphs drop everywhere. So when selling people are not interested in these. They will be interested in the runes (to level their own crafting) or the colored glyphs..

"Sanded maple, rawhide, iron ingots etc"
    This always sells and so is welcome. If you don't need the crafting experience, the raw materials are worth more.

Most off all, just goof around. I'm leading a trading guild that is open to low level traders. I know you have to learn the tricks and ropes. The most happy you make me is by filling your 30 slots with items that are priced decently and when you show you learn. You will grow into a professional trader and that is what matters to me. So explore the market and what you can do. I can tell you what works and doesn't works, but a good trading guild has different type of traders and not just copy's of the leader.

(to explain from a leaders perspective: a good trading guild has a trading merchant that is "jack of all trades" . If a trader has everything customers want, the customer will remember you and return. That means that having diversity with offers in a trading guild is very important. By allowing you to trade and explore on your own what works and doesn't works, diversity within the guild is created and so it becomes a better guild. some guilds only take vet players and demand you to make a certain amount of money. I understand that cause they need to pay their trader in the best place. But as you are accepted in a guild simular to my own, your guildleader has no such demands and I truly think he benefits more from these tips.)
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • BabeestorGor
    BabeestorGor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    The console market might have some differences, but here is what sells the most often for me on the PC

1. Crafting Materials (although I only sell my Green Tempers, never anything else and I never sell Alchemy reagents as they are so time consuming to gather)
    2. Traited Items for Research
    3. Recipes
    4. Dropped Set items when they are listed cheaply
    5. Purple VR Ranked Foods

That's about it. I have had some success selling Glyphs that I have made, but not as much as you would think. Especially as you get more Inspiration breaking down looted Glyphs than you do glyphs another player made. I sell Ingredients at decent clip, but this is just excess from the crafting writs I do.

Babeester Gor is the Axe Goddess, the Implacable Anger, the Avenging Daughter and the Earth Guardian.
    EU PC.
  • BabeestorGor
    BabeestorGor
    ✭✭✭✭
    So as a newbie I probably won't have much to offer except possibly traited items?
    I quite often see items being offered for sale in zone chat at what seem ridiulous prices. I presume these are ridiculous prices.
    EU PC.
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    So as a newbie I probably won't have much to offer except possibly traited items?
    I quite often see items being offered for sale in zone chat at what seem ridiulous prices. I presume these are ridiculous prices.

to answer the first question, you have a lot to offer as a low level players new to the game. You can learn and grow. Just try things out and see how they sell. this game actually has a lot of valuable items to offer from start. Specially crafting materials (often people decide to gain a new craft at later level and don't want to go back to farm the mats to level it).

As for the items in zone chat. Some of them are having over the top pricing on it (people just trying to make a profit the bad way).

If you happen to be on the pc, there is an add-on called master merchant that is imo awesome. It tracks sales in your guild and gives you a price check on items. If you happen to be on a console you can find the same info in the history log of your trading guild.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • BabeestorGor
    BabeestorGor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ranique wrote: »
    Of the things listed, I think most stuff is selling. Any trading guild is happy if you are selling. Some want you to trade expensive stuff, but as they accepted you with those questions (and at your level), you are likely ok.

There are two important things to keep in mind.
    1: Sell what you don't need.
    2: don't treat your 30 slots as a garbage bin.

They might seem to contradict eachother, but both are true and you need to find a balance.

so a few reactions to your potential offers...

"What about glyphs I make but have no use for during research? Its not worth my deconstructing them. Should I sell them or gift them?"

Your saying you make them, but you have no use for them during research. you don't need to research glyphs at all. Making a glyph for the first time gives additional crafting xp, but there is no need for research. As for selling them...White glyphs drop everywhere. So when selling people are not interested in these. They will be interested in the runes (to level their own crafting) or the colored glyphs..

"Sanded maple, rawhide, iron ingots etc"
    This always sells and so is welcome. If you don't need the crafting experience, the raw materials are worth more.

Most off all, just goof around. I'm leading a trading guild that is open to low level traders. I know you have to learn the tricks and ropes. The most happy you make me is by filling your 30 slots with items that are priced decently and when you show you learn. You will grow into a professional trader and that is what matters to me. So explore the market and what you can do. I can tell you what works and doesn't works, but a good trading guild has different type of traders and not just copy's of the leader.

(to explain from a leaders perspective: a good trading guild has a trading merchant that is "jack of all trades" . If a trader has everything customers want, the customer will remember you and return. That means that having diversity with offers in a trading guild is very important. By allowing you to trade and explore on your own what works and doesn't works, diversity within the guild is created and so it becomes a better guild. some guilds only take vet players and demand you to make a certain amount of money. I understand that cause they need to pay their trader in the best place. But as you are accepted in a guild simular to my own, your guildleader has no such demands and I truly think he benefits more from these tips.)

So from what you say I have 30 slots to fill with things to sell. I can afford to experiment with them and find out what sells well.
    EU PC.