Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PS4 - NA Server - Armor durability & Fall damage

Pyro117
Pyro117
✭✭
I did a search and the first 3 pages were all complaints about Fall Damage being OP, not fixed, and/or bugged. That is not my question.

My question is simple - Does fall damage reduce the durability of armor? I don't see fall damage reducing my armor durability but I was wondering if anybody else tested it out.
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    To my knowledge, fall damage does not decrease your armor rating. In ESO, armor rating decreases based on the amount of XP you earn, not on the damage you take or how often you die. Theoretically, you could never get hit by a mob or die and, as long as you are earning XP, your armor will still break and need repair.
  • Pyro117
    Pyro117
    ✭✭
    Allyhoo811 wrote: »
    To my knowledge, fall damage does not decrease your armor rating. In ESO, armor rating decreases based on the amount of XP you earn, not on the damage you take or how often you die. Theoretically, you could never get hit by a mob or die and, as long as you are earning XP, your armor will still break and need repair.

That makes no sense at all.... so it must be the way ESO does it.

Also, doesn't the durabilty reduce each time you die as well?