Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A little confused about THIS faction situation?

B-Flores
B-Flores
Soul Shriven
The other day a friend of mine send me a picture where he met a player who seems like to be in another faction. I know you can't meet other players outside of Cyrodiil.
The confusing part is that He seems like he belongs to another faction since the Aldmeri Dominion logo is showed when he asked my friend to join the guild he was in (my friend and I are playing in the Ebonheart Pact). The guild name is Ebonheart légion, and I don't know if that has something to do with the situation.

So main point is that I'm confused about the other players logo when asking to join the guild. I have heard a little about cross guilds, but don't know if that's for real since I really can't seems to find any information.

I hope you guys can help.
  • Sozzy
    Sozzy
    My guess would be multiple characters. Some in EP, some in AD.
    Erg- VR2 Orc DK DC Azura's Star
    Davesh- Level 26 Altmer Sorc DC Blackwater Blade
    PS4 EU
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The player shouldn't have been able to get into an EP zone as a AD character, unless it was a bug this isn't possible.

It is possible within guilds for players to play multiple factions, meaning in the guild list you will see the logo of the other factions next to their name.

Otherwise not sure about this one, it seems very strange. :confused:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can't meet players from other factions (out of cyrodil). However, you can be in the same guild, sent mails to eachother and chat.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • B-Flores
    B-Flores
    Soul Shriven
    Turelus wrote: »
    The player shouldn't have been able to get into an EP zone as a AD character, unless it was a bug this isn't possible.

It is possible within guilds for players to play multiple factions, meaning in the guild list you will see the logo of the other factions next to their name.

So does that mean you can join the same guild with two different characters from two different factions?
  • TechnicalGeezer
    B-Flores wrote: »

So does that mean you can join the same guild with two different characters from two different factions?

You can have a guild with people from every single faction. The only unfortunate thing, depending on what the faction master chose when creating the guild either EP, AD or DC will limit to you in what you can claim for your guild in Cyrodiil. So if your faction master set it as EP you can only claim ownership of keeps/farms/outposts when you're on a EP character.

Not as Technical as you may think.
    You don't die for your country, you let the other bast*rd die for his.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @B-Flores when you join a guild your account joins not the character, this means no matter what character you're on you will be in that guild.

Due to this if you play characters on other factions you can be in guilds which are primarily based on another faction, additionally you can invite an account name to your guild from a rival faction and they can have their characters in your guild as well.

They still can't play together with people in a rival faction however.
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    B-Flores wrote: »

You join a guild as an account. An account can have up to 8 difference characters anf they dont have to be in the same faction. So characters of different factions can be in the same guild. They can chat, they can sent mail, they can use the samei trading bank, etc. They can't team up and they can't travel to eachother.

Cause of the later, many guilds are organised for a specific faction, but that doesnt limit them to it.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • B-Flores
    B-Flores
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you very much you guys, and thanks for the detailed answers. Everything makes sense now!
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NP glad to help.

Also you can always click the little insightful icon under our posts if you find player answers helpful, there are forums achievements for earning so many and I know a lot of the players who help out on the forums appreciate them (as they're hard to get).

And yes I am being cheap and begging for help getting forums achievements, it's a new grind! :tongue: