Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Help, I don't want to gimp myself!

Sigourney_Frost
Alright, so I want to know this before I go crazy. Could someone point me to a site or just give me advice on which class and spec is acceptable and viable at end game. I really don't want to get to end game content and be denied opportunities because my class spec and maybe race isn't viable. I am not trying to be op, but I want to play a class that gets stuff done on my own if I want, and works well in parties.

I am NOT going after hardcore anything, but I want to pug and do some pvp. I like the Idea of a stamina build, but not sure what class. I know I like Bow/DW. I thought about Sorcerer, but a lot of info is conflicting or out of date. My other option would be NB, but I am not a big fan of their spells and I know this sounds crazy, but they are red (I played City of Heroes and it spoiled me lmao). I am not a fan of red, but if the NB is the best option, I guess I will suck it up...also I guess with NB I could heal and Tank (If they are still ok to tank, that is.)
All advice and links are appreciated. Thank you :smiley:
  • Hlaadriel
    Hlaadriel
    ✭✭✭
    you could be a dk! honestly class race doesn't really matter even at end game content.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any race/class combination or class alone is viable at end-game for casual gameplay.

The only time your need to min/max class/race/build is if you're going for world best times, leaderboards etc.

My advice to you would be play a race and class combination which you're happy with playing, ignore the racial bonuses for the moment and enjoy the game. Once you reach end game if you find what you had been doing doesn't quite cut the endgame content then just read some forums/guides and respect into a build which works for you and the content.

There are some classes which excel at specific roles which you should keep in mind however, if you want to be an endgame healer you're probably going to want to be a Templar.

As for DPS/Tanking all the classes can achieve these roles the difference only being which ones are best at the job during each update cycle.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    min/maxing in this game is nearly impossible cause of the amount of variables. It also doesnt matter cause people know this. If for example you are a DK-healer, most people will know that it can be fully perfect viable. The class might not have much synergy with the role, but the weapon, race and other passives/actives will and they are perfectly viable in doing the job.

The keyword is viable. Cause of the limitations to min/max, the word viable is a good substitute. It means that it is a combo that works.

Reality is thatall is viable with one limitation. The magicka/stamina split. You should run either one (there are some hybrids, but they are rare, and good ones are even rarer). So a wrong build would be a templar that is tanking and healing at the same time.

If you've played GW1 you might know this is a wammo
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not specific enough.
    I might say roll a Dunmer DK Vampire...
    or an Altmer Templar...
    or a Bosmer Nightblade w/ a bow...

if I had any flippin' clue what you were going for! :tongue:
    Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My other option would be NB, but I am not a big fan of their spells and I know this sounds crazy, but they are red (I played City of Heroes and it spoiled me lmao). I am not a fan of red, but if the NB is the best option, I guess I will suck it up...
    Huh? What do you mean "red"? Are you talking about shadows, which have a reddish hue? That's only for PvE given shadow going invisible is kind of the point.
    ;)

• Pyro117
    Pyro117
    ✭✭
    Here you go - a site that describes each character class and their races:

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Races

You can look at each race and their specific sills. Some races are more suited to stamina builds than others.

That doesn't mean you can't use a High Elf (Altmer) as a stamina based DW+Bow. In ESO, it all works and you can do end game content.

I would also research the actual class (sorcerer, dragon knight, etc...) using the same site. The site will list the skills and the morphs. The morphs are where you can turn a magic based skill into a stamina based skill.

Lastly, read through the builds carefully. I have found most of them are geared for VR14 specifications with a PvP focus. If you are going to be primarily a PvE player, then you will have to rework their build to use other skills/armor/weapons.
  • KkaosReinz
    play with the character builder until you feel comfortable with your choice.

http://esohead.com/calculator/skills

Kkaos Reinz
    Pack Leader of
    The House of Reinz
  • Atlaz
    Atlaz
    ✭✭
    Well if your into magic high elf is by far the best. There isn't an ultra big difference but it's still better.
    Edited by Atlaz on July 24, 2015 2:26PM
    "Bretons are renowned and talented craftsmen, shrewd merchants, gallant cavaliers, and inventive wizards. They can also be proud and quarrelsome."
  • Sigourney_Frost
    Thank you again guys for all your help. I can now make my choice without regretting it later.